Here to help with your wind energy insurance
The UK Government is committed to a major expansion of offshore wind capacity by 2030.1 As with any renewable energy project there are specialist risks and opportunities your project faces.
Our sector understanding and insurer relationships means we can deliver the right solutions for your onshore and offshore wind energy business, plus we can access the expertise of our parent company Marsh McLennan. So, whether you have a single turbine or run an offshore wind farm, your insurance will be in safe hands.
Find out why we're the power behind your renewable energy project
Review our credentials
Quality service and professional advice from passionate people
Frequently asked questions
- the number of turbines you want to cover;
- the make and model of the turbine(s);
- where the turbine(s) are located;
- the MW power of the turbine(s);
- the claims history;
- the level of cover and the types of cover your require;
- the maintenance of the turbine(s) and;
- the security and access to the site.
Your policy should match the specific complexities of your project and there is no one-size-fits-all solution. We work with insurers to tailor coverage to suit your needs from project planning through to operational. This can include product cover such as:
- Construction/erection all risks (EAR) and liability covers (TPL), plus delay in start-up.
- Owner controlled insurance programme (OCIP)
- Operational 'all risks' property damage, machinery breakdown and business interruption.
- Environmental liability.
- Marine cargo including (DSU) / advance loss of profit (ALOP).
- Employers, public liability and products liability, Directors & Officers (D&O) and trustee liability.
We support specialist renewable energy sectors including:
- Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and biogas plant insurance
- Battery energy storage systems (BESS) insurance
- Biomass plant insurance
- Combined heat and power units
- District heat network
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging networks
- Gas filling stations
- Geothermal plant insurance
- Hydro plant insurance
- Marine insurance
- Solar energy insurance (minimum capacity 250kW for commercial purposes)
- Waste to energy
- Wind farm insurance (on and offshore) (minimum capacity 250kW)
The cost of your insurance will depend on many factors such as:
- The types and level of cover you require
- The loss controls that you have in place
- The maintenance of your project
- The installed capacity of your project
- The security and access to the site.
Our specialist renewable energy insurance experts can help explore the renewable energy market and arrange cover that’s right for your business.
Our team of specialist renewable energy insurance experts understand this ever-changing industry and are here to help. By taking the time to assess your individual needs, we'll explore the renewable energy insurance market and arrange the cover that's right for your business. That's why we're a valued member of the Renewable Energy Association and the Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association.
- Specialist – over 400+ renewable energy clients across the UK.
- Experience – Actively engaged in future-proofing the UK’s renewable energy market.
- Consultative – We’re advisers, not salespeople, here to support you, your project and your stakeholders.
- Committed – Representing your best efforts and what is best for your project.
- Capable – Access to insurance and risk services as part of one of the world’s largest brokers, Marsh McLennan.