motor trade insurance

Motor trade insurance

We're here to help with your motor trade insurance

When running a motor trade business, you'll face various risks. 

From mechanics and body repairers to dealers and diagnostic engineers, if you sell, repair, or service vehicles, you need motor trade insurance to protect against these risks. The motor trade insurance we can arrange will ensure you’re covered for damage to your business's property or your clients' and customers' vehicles should the unthinkable happen.

Whether you're a small independent garage or run a large chain, the need to have motor trade insurance applies to all businesses and we’re here to help you find the best policy for you.

  • Bespoke cover
    We'll arrange the right insurance solutions suitable for your motor business, from independent traders to large chains.
  • Industry experts
    We're in the know when it comes to the latest legislation, technology, and economic issues affecting your business. You can be confident the advice we offer reflects any recent industry changes.
  • Strong relationships    
    Our relationships with industry trade bodies give us valuable insight to source the most appropriate insurance that suits your business.

How our motor trader insurance experts can help

Our motor trade clients put their insurance needs in our hands.

We understand no two businesses are the same. We'll arrange insurance to meet your requirements using our expert knowledge and experience working within the motor trade industry and with key motor trade partners.

Our motor trader insurance can include...

  • motor trade combined cover (including road risks, liability cover, and sales and service indemnity)
  • business interruption
  • defective workmanship
  • incorrect fuelling cover
  • loss of metered utilities
  • new replacement vehicles
  • property damage
  • loss of MOT licence
  • computers
  • windscreen damage
  • courtesy cars
  • unaccompanied vehicle demonstration
  • special vehicles (such as high performance vehicles and classic cars)

What types of motor trade business do we cover?

Whether you're selling vehicles, carrying out repairs, servicing or valeting, we have the right motor trade insurance for your needs.

Trades we can cover include:

  • mechanics
  • new and used car sales and dealer
  • body repairers
  • windscreen fitters
  • tyre fitters
  • auto electricians
  • MOT stations
  • accident repair centres
  • recovery operators
  • commercial vehicle and HGV specialists
  • diagnostic engineers
  • .. and many more!
commercial vehicles

Commercial Vehicle Insurance

We know that keeping your commercial vehicles on the road is vital for you and your business. Our team can help protect your vehicles with your individual needs in mind, and can include optional extras such as goods in transit insurance.

Fleet risk management

Fleet risk management

Our fleet risk management service supports your commitment to the wellbeing of your employees and the protection of your vehicle investments. Experience a seamless integration into your business operations, tailored to fit effortlessly, regardless of size or variety of your fleet. Visit our new digital marketplace to learn more.