Real help with marine renewables cover
We'll manage the risks associated with your business, as well as arranging the correct levels of cover to protect your project. Covers you may wish to consider include:
- erection all risks
- tow insurance
- all risks cover for the device and associated equipment offshore
- public liability – protecting against damage to third party property and injury to third parties.
- employers liability – required if the special purpose vehicle (SPV) has more than one director.
- legal expenses
- cyber cover
- directors’ and officers’ (D&O) cover
- professional indemnity.
How our marine renewables insurance experts can help
Our team of marine renewable energy insurance experts understand the regulatory requirements imposed on your business and the unique risks you face. That's why we work with specialist insurers to arrange wave energy insurance and tidal energy insurance that protects your business.
We'll give you the advice and support you need, whenever and however you need it; marine renewable energy insurance will be one less thing for you to worry about.
Protecting your renewable energy project
From concept to operation, your renewable energy project is at risk, which could be caused by a lack of adherence to contractual requirements, risk management and supply chain issues. We can provide full contract advise, construction and operational insurance programs to protect your investment.
Frequently asked questions
- the number of turbines you want to cover;
- the make and model of the turbine(s);
- where the turbine(s) are located;
- the MW power of the turbine(s);
- the claims history;
- the level of cover and the types of cover your require;
- the maintenance of the turbine(s) and;
- the security and access to the site.
Your policy should match the specific complexities of your project and there is no one-size-fits-all solution. We work with insurers to tailor coverage to suit your needs from project planning through to operational. This can include product cover such as:
- Construction/erection all risks (EAR) and liability covers (TPL), plus delay in start-up.
- Owner controlled insurance programme (OCIP)
- Operational 'all risks' property damage, machinery breakdown and business interruption.
- Environmental liability.
- Marine cargo including (DSU) / advance loss of profit (ALOP).
- Employers, public liability and products liability, Directors & Officers (D&O) and trustee liability.
We support specialist renewable energy sectors including:
- Anaerobic Digestion (AD) and biogas plant insurance
- Battery energy storage systems (BESS) insurance
- Biomass plant insurance
- Combined heat and power units
- District heat network
- Electric vehicle (EV) charging networks
- Gas filling stations
- Geothermal plant insurance
- Hydro plant insurance
- Marine insurance
- Solar energy insurance (minimum capacity 250kW for commercial purposes)
- Waste to energy
- Wind farm insurance (on and offshore) (minimum capacity 250kW)
The cost of your insurance will depend on many factors such as:
- The types and level of cover you require
- The loss controls that you have in place
- The maintenance of your project
- The installed capacity of your project
- The security and access to the site.
Our specialist renewable energy insurance experts can help explore the renewable energy market and arrange cover that’s right for your business.
Our team of specialist renewable energy insurance experts understand this ever-changing industry and are here to help. By taking the time to assess your individual needs, we'll explore the renewable energy insurance market and arrange the cover that's right for your business. That's why we're a valued member of the Renewable Energy Association and the Anaerobic Digestion and Bioresources Association.
- Specialist – over 400+ renewable energy clients across the UK.
- Experience – Actively engaged in future-proofing the UK’s renewable energy market.
- Consultative – We’re advisers, not salespeople, here to support you, your project and your stakeholders.
- Committed – Representing your best efforts and what is best for your project.
- Capable – Access to insurance and risk services as part of one of the world’s largest brokers, Marsh McLennan.