Why buy Rural Protect?
Many rural businesses are facing increased employment legislation and investigations by regulators and enforcement agencies, but are unable to find a management liability insurance solution, which is tailored to the specific needs of partnerships, sole traders and limited companies.
Who is this product for?
An economical product, available to a wide range of businesses including; farmers, rural business owners and managers, agricultural contractors, farms, farm estate, farm shops, livery yards, racehorse trainers, riding schools, shoot proprietors, smallholders, tree surgeons etc.
This product means that clients can
- Benefit from free, and up front advice from a solicitor on a wide range of issues, something that other schemes simply don’t provide
- Choose limits of indemnity £100k, £150k and £250k
- Can arrange cover independently from a farm insurance programme
- No prospect of success clause, unlike a standard legal expenses policy
- Benefit from £25,000 pollution clean-up costs and employee theft up to £100,000 as standard
- Provides PR crisis costs and expertise
- Provides cover for costs up to £1,500 per routine tax enquiry or compliance visit by HM Revenue or Customs
- Cover up to £10,000 for third party, funds transfer and telephone fraud
- 24/7 crisis legal helpline
Read our latest agricultural sector stories
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on how people purchase food, opening the door to some niche opportunities for farmers.
Over the last few years the agricultural sector has increased their online presence but in doing so many are leaving themselves vulnerable to criminal activity.