We're here to help protect your rural business
We understand your rural business's challenges including increased employment legislation and the potential issues arising from investigations by regulators and enforcement agencies.
It can be difficult to find farm insurance that satisfies the specific needs of partnerships, sole traders, and limited companies.
Rural Protect is designed for a wide range of businesses, including farmers, rural business owners and managers, agricultural contractors, farms, farm estates, farm shops, livery yards, racehorse trainers, riding schools, shoot proprietors, smallholders and tree surgeons regardless of whether you’re a PLC, partnership or sole trader.
What our farming insurance experts can do for you
You're busy running your business. We appreciate that. By working with a specialist insurer that understand the risks you face and the importance of settling your claims quickly, we make farm insurance one less thing for you to worry about.
We're here to protect your business and minimise disruption – should the unthinkable happen.
With a Rural Protect policy, you can benefit from :
- access to one to one expert, friendly advice from radarstation legal advisors and regulatory advisors by phone or - there are no limits to usage
- a choice of limits of indemnity from £100k to £5m
- the option to arrange cover independently from a farm insurance programme
- no prospect of success clause, unlike a standard legal expenses policy, so your claim cannot be dropped based on its chance of winning
- £25,000 pollution clean-up costs and employee theft up to £100,000 as standard
- fees for Intervention covered following an HSE Visit
- tax investigation cover including cover for routine enquiries
- cover up to £10,000 for third party, funds transfer and telephone fraud
- 24/7 crisis legal helpline
As with all insurances terms and conditions, excesses and exclusions apply. For full details of cover and exclusions please refer to the policy document.
Read our latest agricultural sector stories
All trends point to a growing poultry market. But with opportunity, comes risk. We look at the top risks and the steps you can consider to mitigate them.
Dog attacks on livestock cost an estimated £1.6m a year. With dog owners on the rise here are our simple but essential steps you can take to protect your flocks.