Hireguard - equipment hire insurance
What is HireGuard?
HireGuard is specialist equipment hire insurance policy which provides cover for items hired out including plant, tools and event equipment to name a few. It’s a specialist product that covers loss or damage to your equipment when out on hire.
The HireGuard policy is sold by you directly to your customer and is a great way to extend the range of services you already offer. HireGuard is simple to promote and administer, and it puts you in control of protecting your property whilst out on hire.
Property hired out under HireGuard is covered for:
- physical loss or damage ‒ throughout Western Europe including in transit
- liability limit of £100,000 ‒ with no single article limit (higher limits may be negotiated)
- total replacement value – for property less than 24 months old.
Equipment hire insurance that puts you in control
Our specialist team has a deep knowledge and understanding of the hire and rental industry. We are here to help you get the right insurance cover at the right price for your business.
As a HireGuard Appointed Representative, you will get advice, guidance and comprehensive training from our team of experts. We take responsibility for guiding you through the process of selling a regulated product.
Please note that acceptance to the scheme is subject to an application process and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorisation.
Additional benefits with HireGuard insurance include:
- guidance and assistance in becoming an Appointed Representative (AR)
- a comprehensive training and support programme for you and your staff
- dedicated claims service
- claim settlements are paid to you not the hirer
- when a claim is made under HireGuard, your other insurance policies will not be affected
- excesses start as low as £25.00 as opposed to large excesses which hirers often carry
- avoids the administration of recovering the loss direct from the customer which can affect your relationship and is time consuming
- fewer restrictions under the HireGuard policy compared to standard contractors plant and hire equipment policies.
Plant hire insurance
Hiring plant is commonplace for many tradesmen and contractors working in the building industry. We take time to understand your unique needs to arrange the plant hire insurance that's right for you.
Read our latest articles
The cost of repairing industrial and commercial machinery is on the rise. Taking a gamble on insurance to bring costs down could cost you more in the long run if your machine suffers damage or a breakdown.
NFTs (non-fungible tokens) exploded in popularity during 2021 and their growth shows no sign of slowing down. Protecting these investments is a complex area of risk.