Technology hardware and electronics insurance

IT hardware & electronics insurance

Why do you need specialist hardware and electronics insurance?

No matter where your business operates in the supply chain, from hardware manufacturers to suppliers, to installers, it is important that you have the right insurance in place to protect you if something goes wrong. Most businesses rely on their IT systems to operate smoothly, and if it fails it can quickly lead to them losing valuable profit. If an IT system failure is due to a fault of equipment your business supplied, you could be liable for the cost of the failure.

  • Tailored insurance for unique risks
    We know the technology industry is constantly evolving and hardware is being created to support this, that’s why we understand your business may have unique risks to cover.
  • Relationships with key insurers
    We have built strong relationships with insurers who have a great understanding of the technology industry and can react as quickly as it changes.
  • In-house claims team
    If you do need to make a claim, we have a team of claims experts on hand to support you from start to finish.

How our technology insurance team can help

Insurance shouldn’t be painful. After all, it’s there to protect you. That’s why our personable experts will provide advice and support in a simple, solution-focused way that works for you.

No matter how straightforward or complex your risks are, whether you’re looking for a new policy or to amend existing cover, we can help and we’ll take care of you.

Get in touch with a technology insurance expert

What insurance does a technology hardware and electronics contractor or professional need?

Not sure what insurance you need to protect your technology hardware and electronics business? We’ll work with you to identify your needs before presenting an insurance solution that meets your complexities, but you may wish to consider:

Professional indemnity - covers the legal and compensation costs you may have to pay if a client makes a claim against you.

Public liability – covers you for the cost of a claim arising from a suffered injury or property damage caused by you or your employees.

Employers' liability (EL) – compulsory by law for most businesses, EL provides cover if a worker suffers an injury or an illness they believe is your fault.

Directors and officers – also known as management liability portfolio insurance (MLP), provides any director, partner or employee acting in a managerial capacity on behalf of the company cover for defence costs incurred during a claim and awards made against you personally.

Cyber liability insurance – although this can’t protect your business from cyber-crime such as hacking, it can support your recovery from it along with the legal and reputational fall-out caused from a data breach.

Insurance solutions for people and businesses like you

Operating in a global, borderless and fast-paced industry carries a variety of unique risks. Data breaches, contract disputes, and infringement of intellectual property remain a constant threat. Meanwhile equipment/software failures, funding/acquisition/exit liabilities, and personal claims made against board members are an ever-present concern. This requires the right expertise in navigating such risk exposures and arranging appropriate insurance protection.

At Marsh Commercial, we support various technology companies including; communications and media specialists, data centres and science parks, fintechs, hardware and electronic manufacturers, IT consultants and contractors, life science providers, medical technology designers, software, gaming and app developers, and much more. Working closely with our insurer partners to arrange insurance policies that are truly fit for purpose.