Construction Projects Insurance
Construction project insurance experts
Insurance shouldn't be painful, after all it's there to protect you. Benefit from:
- Comprehensive construction project insurance
We'll call on our trusted industry leading insurers to get you the right cover for your individual project.
- Consultative advice
Our experts will identify and asses your project's risks, and review your insurance contractual obligations and liabilities.
- Risk management support
We can audit your current programme to help you positively affect underwriters' perceptions and limit cost increases.
By engaging with the right insurance broker you can spend more time on what matters to you.
What project are you looking to insure?
We can support a wide range of construction projects including:
- Commercial and residential renovations, conversions and new builds
- Shop/office fit outs
- Large single projects
- Premises enhancements.
Feel secure in your cover
We understand the challenges you face; from economic uncertainty and increasing material costs, to labour shortages and modern methods of construction. Take comfort that we’re big enough to keep you safe as part of a world-leading insurance group, Marsh McLennan. Small enough to care as a UK community broker with 25+ years' in the construction industry.
Owner controlled construction project (OCIP) insurance
Can you be sure that the cover arranged by someone else, such as a contractor, is adequate for your project? Cover arranged by the employer provides control over the policy, costs and ensures claims are paid directly.
Latent defects insurance
When third parties have inadequate cover or cease trading, you can be left exposed to undiscovered risks. Latent defects insurance helps protect you in these scenarios, filling the gap in standard property insurance policies.
Here when you need claims support
Making a claim can be a stressful process, but with:
43,000+ claims handled in 2020 – nearly one every 10 minutes!
90+ in-house claims advisers.
Access to expert claims consultants If you have a large loss.
You can expect something of real value from us.
What construction project insurance do I need?
If you’re an owner, contractor, engineering consultant, or project partner, the risks you face in the construction sector are varied. Depending on your requirements, you may be best suited to a solution that includes covers such as:
- Owner controlled insurance (OCIP) – enables owners and developers to arrange an insurance cover that’s most appropriate to each individual project. Find out more.
- Latent defects – covers physical damage to a property caused by defective design, materials, workmanship, construction or site preparation, undiscovered at the date of practical completion. Find out more.
- Cyber liability – helps protect you from hacking, loss of confidential employee data and cyber exposures from integrated project delivery (IPD) and building information modelling (BIM). Find out more.
- Professional indemnity (PI) – protects professionals against potential claims for injury, damage or loss caused by professional incompetence or negligence. Find out more.
Additional cover your project may require
Other aspects of construction insurance cover, as an employer, you may need to consider/understand include:
- Delay in start-up insurance (DSU)
- Public liability
- Non negligent liability
- Rights of light
- Environmental impairment liability
- Legal indemnities.
Discuss your construction project with an insurance expert today.
Essential reading for contractors and developers
The way tool and van thefts are carried out has evolved; which is catching contractors out. Find out how you can protect your essential business equipment.
As a UK contractor, your varied work presents many different risks. To protect you, you need insurance; but are you paying too much for your protection?