How do I make a travel insurance claim?
In the event of an emergency whilst travelling, your policy helpline will offer 24hr assistance. They’ll arrange medical appointments or treatment if you’re injured, require a hospital or need help in returning home. If you don’t have your policy information containing the helpline number please find the emergency numbers below and locate your insurer.
If the incident doesn’t require immediate assistance please call us and our claims adviser will be on hand to advise you of the next steps and guide you through the process.
What information do I need?
- Completed claim form - your dedicated claims handler will be able to provide a blank copy
- Copies of travel documents: tickets, invoices, or boarding passes
- Receipts for any costs incurred
- Crime reference in the event of theft or loss of belongings
- Copies of purchase invoices for items lost or stolen
- Airline report in the event of lost luggage
- Report the loss at your airline’s help desk and get a property irregularity report number
- Let the airline know you’re making a travel insurance claim
- Gather proof of ownership of your lost items, such as receipts
- Keep your travel tags and tickets as evidence
- Keep receipts of any replacement items you buy so you can claim back the cost
- Retain hotel invoices if your stay has had to be prolonged due to illness
- Medical certificates/hospital documentation and prescription receipts (if applicable)
If you need to report a claim to your insurer directly, you can find their number listed below:
- Axa Art Travel – 0330 660 0768
- Azur Motor, Glass, Household and Travel claims - 020 3319 8999
- Azur Travel – Medical Emergency - 01273 721 385
- Hiscox Household & Travel - 0800 711 7156
- Zurich Private Clients Home Motor and Travel - 0800 096 9999 Outside UK +44 (0)162 588 6994