How do I make a haulage or freight claim?
In the event of a loss or potential claim, please call us on 0330 818 7677.
Transit and marine policies have strict time limits regarding claims notification so your soonest advises will allow us to progress with your insurers.
We’ll liaise with your insurers and keep you informed throughout the claims process. Your claims handler will be able to go through all of your options with you.
Quickly notifying us will help us to control the costs of your claim.
- Prompt notification will help us to control the costs of any claim and ensure deadlines are not missed
- Early notification of any incidents involving damage to goods will allow your insurers to fully investigate matters and address claims early.
What information do I need?
- Date of incident
- Details of how the loss occurred
- Location of the goods
- Evidence of costs and impact on business
- Other parties involved
- Transit documents
- Photos of the damage
- Commercial invoice including weight of consignment
- Any correspondence you have received from other parties involved
- Conditions of a carriage document
If you need to report a claim to your insurer directly, you can find their number listed below:
- Equity - 0345 609 1284
- NMU - 0161 236 3380
- RSA - 0330 102 420
- RSA Windscreen - 0800 783 4695