How do I make a financial claim?
In the event of a loss or potential claim, please call us on 0330 818 7677, or on 0333 015 1540.
Due to the nature of this type of insurance these policies react on a claims made basis. This means no matter what the date of an alleged incident, your current policy will be used in the claims process. Please call us as soon as possible and our claims adviser will be on hand to advise you of the next steps and guide you through the process.
Quickly notifying us will help us to control the costs of your claim.
What policies do financial claims fall under?
- Directors and officers
- Professional indemnity
- Legal expenses insurance
- Management liability
- Employment practices liability insurance
- Some policies have a time frame of only a few days for notification, therefore please notify us as soon as you become aware of any claim or circumstance
- It’s vital to inform us prior to undertaking any legal action or incurring any legal fees or representation costs
Under the terms of your policy you are required to notify any claims including any allegations, disputes or grievances raised which may rise to a claim against you.
Examples of things to report:
- HSE/HMRC investigations
- Grievance raised by an employee
- Allegations of professional negligence
What information do I need?
- Claimants details
- Date you first became aware of the circumstance which may give rise to claim
- Background information/brief chronology of events
- Details of the circumstances together with your comments on liability
- Potential claim value