Protecting your unoccupied properties with unoccupied property insurance

Unoccupied property insurance

Unoccupied property insurance cover

Vacant property insurance designed to protect your residential or commercial rental property, even when it’s standing empty.

The right cover will depend on your circumstances, but may include unoccupied buildings insurance, contents, and a range of other covers.

We’ll make finding the right vacant property insurance as easy as 1, 2, 3:

  • Simply call us to discuss your needs
  • We’ll deal with insurers on your behalf, to pull together obligation-free quotes
  • Get set up and covered in no time.

Why unoccupied property insurance is important

As a landlord, whether residential or commercial, you’ll know it’s inevitable that at times your property is unoccupied – maybe it’s being renovated or refurbished, or you’re simply in between tenants. But did you know that most standard landlords insurance policies typically only cover your property when it’s unoccupied for a specified, short period of time?

So, if your property is likely to remain unoccupied for some time – whether by accident or design – you may need specialist unoccupied property insurance to make sure it remains properly protected throughout.

Get in touch with our property insurance experts

Standard cover*

  • Buildings insurance
  • Fixed glass
  • Property owners liability.

* As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. Contact us for full details. Standard cover may also vary depending on the length of time your property isn’t occupied.

Optional covers

  • Legal expenses.
  • Subsidence.
  • Terrorism.
  • Accidental damage.
  • Loss of rent.
  • Employers liability.
  • Loss recovery insurance.
Protecting your holiday lets with holiday let insurance

Holiday let insurance

We'll arrange tailored insurance for holiday let properties and landlords that protects UK holiday homes, cottage or Airbnb lets against the unexpected.

Protecting residential landlords at work with residential landlord insurance

Residential landlord insurance

Whether you let out a single buy-to-let property or have a large portfolio, we can help you find insurance to protect you and your assets, to help keep the rent flowing.