Landlord insurance

Why do you need landlord insurance?

Putting in place the right landlord insurance is vital to protecting your investment and your rental income. We can find you landlord insurance to help:

  • Keep the rent flowing.
  • Recover from a fire or flood.
  • Cover extensive unoccupied periods.
  • Shield your personal assets.
  • Protect your reputation.

Have reassurance that should things go wrong, you’re protected with the right landlord insurance from our selection of the UK’s leading and specialist insurers.


Landlord insurance quotes

We understand the confusion that can be associated with arranging landlord insurance. Insurance shouldn’t be painful, after all it’s there to protect you.

So whether you own a: single buy-to-let property; large property portfolio; commercial or residential property; holiday let; or even an Airbnb, make the process of becoming insured as simple and stress-free as possible with Marsh Commercial in your corner. There’s no waiting around. 

Residential landlord insurance

Whether you let out a single buy-to-let property or have a large portfolio, we can help you find insurance to protect you and your assets, to help keep the rent flowing.

Commercial landlord insurance

Rent out a single retail unit, or a portfolio of office premises? We can help you find the right commercial landlord insurance solution.

Holiday let insurance

We'll arrange tailored insurance for holiday let properties and landlords that protects UK holiday homes, cottage or Airbnb lets against the unexpected.

Airbnb insurance

If you are opening up your home to Airbnb guests, you’ll want to insure it against the unexpected. Protect you as a host, and your property offered for short-term let via Airbnb.

HMO insurance

With a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO), your insurance policy terms will be different to a policy for a property with sole occupancy. A standard landlords insurance policy may not be sufficient. We can help you find the HMO landlord insurance you need.

Frequently asked questions

Do I need landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance will provide cover for:

Your property

  • Landlord insurance can protect you and your properties from unexpected incidents such as fire or flooding. 
  •  If your property is damaged – accidentally or maliciously – without landlord insurance, it's likely you will have to pay for any repair costs. With the correct landlord insurance in place, these costs can be covered.
  • It can also provide extra cover for furnishings, extended vacancy or even short-term lets.

Your rental income

Should the unthinkable happen, this insurance will protect you from loss of rental income while repairs are underway or if your property is vacant. 

Your reputation

It can also help defend your reputation if you find yourself held liable for injury or illness for injuries sustained in your property. 

What insurance do landlords need?
The type of landlord insurance you need depends on the type and number of properties you have. For example, commercial landlord insurance can provide cover for single retail units or office premises, whereas residential landlord insurance covers properties you rent out for people to live in.
What does landlord insurance cover?
Landlord insurance can protect you if your property is affected by a serious incident, like a fire or flood. It can also cover contents or provide protection if you are held liable for injuries sustained in your property, and defend you financially against damage caused by tenants, vandalism or crime. It can also provide extra cover for furnishings, extended vacancy or even short-term lets.
How much is landlord insurance?
The level of landlord insurance you need will depend on whether you have commercial or residential properties, how many properties you manage, and what covers you require. We have a range of products available, so whether you want additional extras to insure your furnishings, cover for extensive unoccupied periods or even short term lets, we can find suitable landlord insurance cover for you.