Uncover the hidden link between mental health and workplace safety

Join us on Friday 14 June at 10am to learn the best practices for fostering a culture of mental health awareness and enhancing workplace safety. Register now .

Protecting HMO landlords at work with HMO landlord insurance

House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) insurance

We're here to help with your HMO insurance

You're letting your property to people who are not a family unit but share facilities: communal areas and living spaces. So, to protect your property and its contents against risks of damage and protect yourself against loss of rental income, you need House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) insurance.

We understand all HMOs are different. There isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to insurance, and your premium rate may depend on how the facilities are shared.

We can help you find the HMO landlord insurance that's right for you, ensuring your assets are protected against the unexpected, quickly and without fuss.

HMO insurance doesn't protect your tenants' personal belongings though, so make sure they're aware that they need to make their own insurance arrangements.

What our HMO insurance team can do for you

The risks associated with HMOs are greater than those with sole occupancy, so insurance policy terms also differ. Standard landlords insurance may not be sufficient, so you may not be adequately protected if you don't have the right HMO insurance in place. You'll also need to register your property as an HMO and check with your local council if you need a licence.

Our team of specialist HMO insurance experts understand the challenges you face. By taking time to assess your individual needs, we'll explore the HMO landlord insurance market and arrange the cover that's right for you.

Get in touch with our property insurance experts

Specialist cover to protect you and your HMO

As a specialist HMO landlord insurance broker, we can arrange cover that protects you and your property, including:

  • Buildings insurance
  • Fixed glass
  • Loss of rent
  • Employers liability
  • Property owners liability.

Optional covers include

  • Legal expenses
  • Subsidence
  • Terrorism
  • Accidental damage.
Protecting your unoccupied properties with unoccupied property insurance

Unoccupied property insurance

If your commercial or residential property is vacant, this insurance offers protection even when it's standing empty.

Protecting your holiday lets with holiday let insurance

Holiday let insurance

We'll arrange tailored insurance for holiday let properties and landlords that protects UK holiday homes, cottage or Airbnb lets against the unexpected.

Protecting your AIrbnb properties with Airbnb insurance

Airbnb insurance

If you are opening up your home to Airbnb guests, you’ll want to insure it against the unexpected. Protect you as a host, and your property offered for short-term let via Airbnb.