Insurance for manufacturing businesses
Developed in conjunction with a leading insurer, our MACH 3-5-7 insurance policy is specifically designed for operators of industrial and commercial machinery. It can help you plan for unforeseen mechanical breakdowns and production interruptions.
The MACH 3-5-7 breakdown insurance policy runs alongside your general insurance, not as a replacement. It provides far wider cover, including operator error for up to 7 years.
Our features and benefits
- Full cost of repairs (less policy excess and value of salvage) for partial losses throughout the entire period of cover
- In the event of total loss- the new replacement value of the item at the time of the occurrence, except where the machine is over 7 years old at the time of the occurrence, in which case the settlement will be the market value of the machinery at the time of the occurrence
- Expediting costs – expenses reasonably incurred in making temporary repairs and expediting permanent repairs up to the lesser of 50% of the claim or £12,500
- Hire of alternative equipment after 48 hours following the incident of loss or damage up to £25,000, OR the additional cost of working after 7 days for up to 6 months, up to £5,000
- Cover for a fixed term – regardless of the finance period
- Fixed monthly payments –premium excluding insurance premium tax guaranteed for the term of the insurance irrespective of claims experience.
This policy provides cover against physical loss caused by accidental damage or breakdown for fixed and installed industrial equipment.
Get machinery damage and breakdown insurance cover
Get in touch with a machinery breakdown insurance expert today.
What's covered in our MACH 3-5-7 machinery breakdown insurance?
We’re always transparent about what’s included in our machinery cover. But if you’re not sure what kind of cover you need, our friendly team is always happy to help.
Please note this list is not exhaustive – refer to full policy document for details.
Cover for your machinery:
- Accidental damage – loss or damage caused by accidental or malicious external causes including damage caused by operator error, during normal operation of the insured machinery.
- Breakdown – sudden and unforeseen breaking, distortion, overheating or electrical burnout of any part resulting in its immediate stoppage of function before normal working can be resumed.
- The maximum amount that the insurer will pay to the insured customer shall not exceed 130% of the new replacement value of the machine declared at inception of cover. This is in respect of any or all claims arising during the period of cover.
What is not insured?
- The policy excess
- Consequential loss
- Equipment/ machinery used for hire or whilst loaned out
- Loss or damage caused by fire, lightning, aircraft and explosion, theft, flood or inundation from the sea, terrorism
- Loss or damage which is the responsibility of the manufacturer’s warranty, guarantee or maintenance agreement
- Loss due to wear and tear, gradual deterioration, rusting, corrosion or oxidisation or scratching to painted or polished surfaces, intentional overloading, experimentation, testing or commissioning
- Losses reported to the insurers more than 30 days from the date of the occurrence
- Loss or damage caused by breakdown in the first 30 days of cover unless the equipment/ machinery is the subject of a manufacturer's warranty at the start of the period of cover or the insured machinery has completed a minimum of 30 days trouble free operation following completion of commissioning and the insured customer has declared any claims losses or incidents to the insurer.
Why choose us for your machinery insurance?
The success of a business is usually a result of hard work, personal sacrifice and commitment. And with a number of people (employees, suppliers, customers) dependent on its success, it makes sense to do all you can to protect it.
Our approach is simple. We help you feel confident that your business has the protection in place to minimise risk and will bounce back with the least amount of disruption if the worst happens.
Our technical excellence is fuelled by a genuine desire to help your business.
As with all machinery, it’s not a case of if the machine breaks, but when. Before making any decision on your cover, get in touch with our team. We’d be happy to have a conversation with you. That way, you’re making an informed decision to meet the long-term vision of your business, knowing the full risks and true costs involved.
Still not sure what equipment breakdown insurance you need?
No problem, we'd love to talk to you about your needs - call an expert now
Machinery insurance FAQs
With 30 days notice, the policy can be cancelled at any time.