Landlord insurance

Why do you need landlord insurance?

Letting out a residential property can be a great investment, but to ensure your money is working for you, you need to be sure that your property and income are protected with the right landlord insurance.

  • Market leading cover
    With an unrivalled policy wording, we can offer the right policy for you, whether you have a single house to let or are growing your portfolio.
  • Claims assistance service
    With claims support available 24/7, and specialist handlers assigned for high value claims, we make sure you’re in safe hands when you need them most.
  • Comprehensive cover
    Along with All Risks cover, your policy comes with communal area contents insurance and Property Owners Liability insurance as standard.

How our property insurance team can help

We understand the confusion that can be associated with arranging landlord insurance. By providing expert, advice and tailored high quality cover, we aim to make the process of becoming insured as simple and stress-free as possible.

Claims preparation fees

Claims preparation costs included automatically at no extra charge for claims in excess of £25,000. Our dedicated claims consultancy will assist in settling matters quickly and efficiently.

What does landlord insurance cover?

Property owners insurance has been specially designed so that all of your properties are protected under one policy, regardless of use. This means that if you own or manage both residential and commercial properties, with us these can be insured together, saving you time and money. There’s no need to juggle multiple policies with us on your side.

With our unique and comprehensive policy wording, we can offer you the best possible protection for your buildings, loss of rent, alternative accommodation and legal liability including:

  • £5m Property Owners Liability cover
  • 24/7 claims service
  • Cover for damage to landscaped gardens
  • £25,000 cover for contents in communal areas
  • Removing items left by fly tipping 
  • Public Relations Expenses
  • Subrogation Waiver (Managing Agents & Tenants)
  • Failure of Utilities
  • Eviction of squatters
  • Illegal cultivation of drugs
  • Malicious damage by tenants
  • Alternative accommodation/loss of rent
  • Removal of insect nests