Why do you need specialist vape manufacturer insurance?
The vape manufacturing industry is increasing day-by-day and is continually adapting to meet increasing demand and legislative changes. UK vape markets are highly regulated to ensure the safety of both users and those around them, but concerns about the long-term effects of vaping and a lack of historical data makes anything connected to e-cigarettes high-risk.
Many of the risks that your business faces are the same as those faced by other manufacturers. There are also some specific risks associated with making or selling e-cigarette products which means you need insurance specifically tailored to your business.
Many insurers are reluctant to take on the risks associated with manufacturing e-liquids and you may find it difficult to find cover. We work exclusively with a specialist underwriter and are well-placed to help you secure protection for both public and products liability as well as machinery, business contents and stock.
Key risks for vape manufacturers:
- Product safety: uncertainty around the long-term safety of using e-cigarettes makes your business a potential target for liability claims in the future. You could be liable for a compensation claim if a product you make, supply, or sell is faulty or dangerous, causing injury or harm. Product liability insurance covers the cost of legal fees and compensation claims should the worst happen.
- Investigations by regulators: the Tobacco Products Directive introduced minimum standards for the safety and quality of all e-cigarettes and refill containers. As the industry continues to grow, regulatory investigations are becoming more prevalent.
How our vape insurance experts can help
Our experienced team has the industry knowledge required to tailor an insurance package to suit your individual needs. Whether you specialise in device retailing, wholesaling, e-liquid retailing or manufacturing, we will work with you to find you the right policy.
Types of vape manufacturer insurance cover
You can speak with our knowledgeable team to get our expert advice, discuss your individual risks and find a tailored, affordable solution for electronic cigarette insurance.
- Product liability – protects your business against damage caused to third party property and bodily injury (conditions apply).
- Public liability – covers you for the cost of a claim arising from a suffered injury or property damage caused by you or your employees.
- Employers liability – compulsory by law for most businesses. Employers liability provides cover if a worker suffers an injury or an illness they believe is your fault.
- Premises insurance – protects your business premises from escape of water, accidental damage, fire and more (see policy wording for full details).
- Stock cover – covers the costs of replacing your stock if any of it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Cyber liability – protects your business from cyber-criminal activity such as hacking and cyber extortion, along with the legal and reputational fall-out caused from a data breach.
- Directors and officers – also known as management liability portfolio insurance (MLP), provides any director, partner or employee acting in a managerial capacity on behalf of the company, for defence costs incurred during a claim and awards made against you personally.
- Goods in transit insurance and commercial vehicle – covers products from theft, loss or damage while they are being transported.
- Marine – covers imports and exports.
Vape shop insurance
Owning a shop can be challenging, but an e-cigarette or vape shop can be even more demanding. Not only do you have extra laws to contend with, you also have to ensure you have the right cover in place to protect your business should the worst happen.
That’s where we can help. Speak to our highly trained and knowledgeable advisors who will gather all the information required and find the most suitable insurance cover for your business.