INSURANCE FOR Electrical Contractors
We're here to help with insurance for electrical contractors
As a specialist electrical contractor, we know that you face risks that may also affect your staff, subcontractors, and the general public. You need electrical insurance cover that gives adequate protection against these risks and reassurance for your clients. Because we understand the day-to-day risks and unique challenges you face, we're here to support you by offering:
- Protection for:
tools and equipment, including those kept in unattended vehicles*
property and materials that are lost or damaged whilst on-site
injuries suffered by a client, contractor or member of the public as a result of your work
damage to third party property
injury, disease or death of an employee or sub-contractors whilst working for you.**
- Bespoke cover – whether you're a sole trader, partnership, SME business or a larger company, our insurance for electrical contractors is designed around you. You'll only pay for the cover you need.
- Professional risk management advice – we'll help to identify your critical exposures to risk and how they can be reduced. We're here to arrange the right electrician insurance that will protect you against these risks.
- Saving you time – leave the hard work to us; we'll search our selection of the UK's leading and specialist insurers to find the provider that suits you best.
- Dedicated support – throughout the life of your policy, we'll be on hand to help you with any queries, problems or issues. We'll also support you should you need to make a claim; we'll have you back on track as quickly as possible.
*Providing they are kept out of sight.
**No need to declare employee numbers.
How our team of electrical contractors insurance experts can help you
At Marsh Commercial, we're part of a global group with a local community focus. We have over 28,000 contractors who have chosen us to manage their insurance needs. That's almost £130m in gross written premium (GWP); you're in good company.
GET IN TOUCH OR GET A QUOTE
Need to talk to someone? Call us now. Or you can click below to get an online quote.
You wouldn't think of starting a job without the right equipment. Arranging insurance for your business is no different, so it pays to speak to our professionals – our team of experts are here to help you.
We take time to understand your needs to arrange the electrical contractors insurance that's right for you. So can focus on your business.
What cover can electrical contractors insurance offer?*
- public liability cover up to £10m
- employers liability
- subcontractor liability (with no need to declare employee numbers)
- Inefficacy cover for losses resulting from a product or service failing to fulfil its function
- professional indemnity cover included as standard up to £500,000, which you can increase on request
- 24/7 tools cover
- no subcontractors' warranty as standard - part of standard cover
- management liability portfolio - provides cover in case of a claim against your business or its directors
- contract works
- vehicles, including directors' cars
- stored materials
- environmental clean-up.
Additional features include:
- legal expenses up to £100,000
- interest-free payment by direct debit
- no automatic height limit applied to the policy
- simple renewal process.
*As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. Contact us for full details.
Fire safety and security contractors insurance
As a fire safety consultant installing smoke alarms or emergency lighting, or a security contractor setting up CCTV, or nurse and warden call systems, the nature of your work can leave you, your staff, subcontractors, and the general public open to risks. You need flexible, specialist fire and safety contractors insurance or security insurance to protect yourself – and your business.
HVAC contractors insurance
We know your work can leave you exposed to a range of risks that may also impact your clients, staff or subcontractors and the general public. You need HVAC contractors insurance that protects your business against these risks.
Frequently asked questions
A 'contractors all risk' insurance policy typically includes cover for:
- contract works
- hired in plant
- employees' tools
- your own tools and plant.
You can select suitable covers for your business. If you're not sure, always refer to your insurance adviser, who will recommend which cover your business needs.
Read the latest contractors articles
Plans to introduce deskilling training standards to electrical contractors have been scrapped following widespread protests by electricians across the UK.
Undergoing major building works, whether a new build or a significant extension/refurbishment? Learn how owners and developers are enjoying the benefits of an OCIP.