INSURANCE FOR CLEANERS
We're here to help with insurance for cleaning contractors
Whether you provide domestic, commercial or light industrial cleaning services, we know the nature of your work can be dangerous, leaving you, your employees and other individuals open to risks. You need flexible cleaning insurance to protect yourself – and your business. Because we understand the day-to-day risks and unique challenges you face, we’re here to support you by offering:
- Protection for:
injuries suffered by a client, contractor or member of the public as a result of your work
damage to third party property, including chemical related incidents
injury, disease or death of an employee or sub-contractors whilst working for you
vehicles and plant that you own, as well as those you hire in or loan out.
- Bespoke cover – whether you're a sole trader or manage a team of cleaners, our insurance for cleaners is designed around you. You'll only pay for the cover you need.
- Professional risk management advice – we'll help to identify your key exposures to risk and how they can be reduced. We're here to arrange the right cleaners insurance that will protect you against these risks.
- Saving you time – leave the hard work to us; we'll search our selection of the UK's leading and specialist insurers to find the provider that suits you best.
- Dedicated support – throughout the life of your policy, we'll be on hand to help you with any queries, problems or issues. We'll also support you should you need to make a claim; we'll have you back on track as quickly as possible.
How our team of cleaning contractors insurance experts can help you
At Marsh Commercial, we're part of a global group with a local community focus. We have over 28,000 contractors who have chosen us to manage their insurance needs. That's almost £130m in gross written premium (GWP); you're in good company.
GET IN TOUCH OR GET A QUOTE
Need to talk to someone? Call us now. Or you can click below to get an online quote.
You wouldn't think of starting a job without the right equipment. Arranging insurance for your business is no different, so it pays to speak to our professionals – we're here to help you.
We take time to understand your needs to arrange the cleaning contractors insurance that's right for you. So can focus on your business.
What cover can cleaning contractors insurance offer?*
- public liability with limits of £2m, £5m or £10m – includes financial loss, inefficacy cover, loss of customers’ keys, criminal acts of employees and misuse of customers’ phones
- employers liability
- product liability
- professional indemnity cover included automatically, protecting you in the event of professional errors or omissions of up to £500,000. Option to increase limits on request.
- 24/7 tools cover, including whilst kept in unattended vehicles if kept out of sight.
- hired in plant
- tools, plant and equipment including electronic equipment, and portable tools cover. Old for new basis with overnight cover. Usually no minimum security or alarm warranty if kept out of sight.
- personal accident
- legal expenses including legal protection and a legal helpline, limit of up to £100,000.
Additional features include:
- Interest free payment by direct debit
- No automatic height limit applied to the policy
- A simple renewal process
*As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. Contact us for full details.
Window cleaners insurance
From working at height or relying on specialist extending pole equipment, we know your work is varied and can be hazardous. It presents different risks to you, your staff or subcontractors, and the general public. So you need window cleaners insurance cover that gives adequate protection against these risks.
From fixing the guttering on a five-storey roof to tending to a light fitting in a domestic property, we know your work is varied and presents different risks to you, your staff or subcontractors, and the general public. You need handyman insurance cover that protects against these risks.
Frequently asked questions
Read the latest contractors articles
Plans to introduce deskilling training standards to electrical contractors have been scrapped following widespread protests by electricians across the UK.
Undergoing major building works, whether a new build or a significant extension/refurbishment? Learn how owners and developers are enjoying the benefits of an OCIP.