CIVIL ENGINEERING CONTRACTORS INSURANCE
We're here to help with your civil engineering contractors insurance
We know your work can often present risks. Because we understand the day-to-day risks and challenges you face, we developed a specialist civil engineering contractors insurance package that includes:
- Public liability – protection if you face claims from members of the public who have suffered an injury, damage or loss of personal items as a result of your work.
- Employers liability – helps to pay compensation if an employee is injured or becomes ill because of the work they have done for you.
- Protection – for your plant and machinery in the event of theft, malicious or accidental damage.
- Bespoke cover – whether you're a sole trader or manage a business, our insurance for civil engineers is designed around you, so you only pay for the cover you need.
- Professional advice and support – we'll be on hand to help you with any queries, problems or issues you may have. We'll also support you should you need to make a claim.
- Saving you time – leave the hard work to us; we'll save you time by searching our selection of the UK's leading and specialist insurers to find the provider that suits you best.
How our team of civil engineering insurance experts can help you
At Marsh Commercial, we have over 28,000 contractors who have chosen us to manage their insurance needs. That's almost £130m in gross written premium (GWP); you're in good company.
GET IN TOUCH OR GET A QUOTE
Need to talk to someone? Call us now. Or you can click below to get an online quote.
At Marsh Commercial, we're part of a global group with a local community focus. Our team of experts has years of experience in supporting contractors in the building and associated industries.
As a civil engineer, you wouldn't be able to carry out your work without specialist tools and equipment. It's no different when it comes to arranging your business insurance.
We take time to understand your needs to arrange the engineering contractor insurance that's right for you. So can focus on your business.
What cover options can civil engineering insurance include?*
We can arrange the following areas of cover, depending on your business needs:
- public liability
- employers liability
- subcontractor liability
- contract works
- vehicles, including directors' cars
- stored materials
- tools in transit
- groundwork risks
- completed dwellings awaiting sale
- environmental clean-up.
*As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. Contact us for full details.
We know the nature of your work can present many risks to you, your staff or subcontractors and the general public. You need cover that gives adequate protection against these risks and reassurance for your clients.
We know the nature of your work carries many risks to you, your staff or subcontractors and the general public. You need cover that gives adequate protection against these risks and reassurance for your clients.
Plant hirers insurance
We know hiring plant is commonplace for many tradesmen and contractors like you working in the building industry. However, it is not without risks: theft, malicious damage, fire, flood, storms or accidental damage. So you need plant hire insurance cover that gives adequate protection.
Frequently asked questions
Read the latest contractors articles
Plans to introduce deskilling training standards to electrical contractors have been scrapped following widespread protests by electricians across the UK.
Undergoing major building works, whether a new build or a significant extension/refurbishment? Learn how owners and developers are enjoying the benefits of an OCIP.