We're here to help with insurance for builders
We know the nature of your work carries many risks to you, your staff or subcontractors and the general public. You need cover that gives adequate protection against these risks and reassurance for your clients.
Because we understand the day-to-day risks and challenges you face, we developed a builders insurance package that forms an essential part of your builder's toolkit, including:
- Bespoke protection – whether you're a sole trader or manage a business, our insurance for builders is designed around you, so you only pay for the cover you need.
- Professional advice and support – throughout the life of your policy, we'll be on hand to help you with any queries, problems or issues you may have. We'll also support you should you need to make a claim.
- Saving you time – leave the hard work to us; we'll save you time by searching our selection of the UK's leading and specialist insurers to find the provider that suits you best.
How our team of builders insurance experts can help you
At Marsh Commercial, we have over 28,000 contractors who have chosen us to manage their builder insurance needs. That's almost £130m in gross written premium (GWP); you're in good company.
GET IN TOUCH OR GET A QUOTE
Need to talk to someone? Call us now. Or you can click below to get an online quote.
Our team of experts has years of experience supporting tradesmen and contractors like you working in the building industry. You wouldn't think of starting a job without the right equipment. Arranging insurance for your business is no different, so it pays to speak to professionals who can help you.
What cover can builders insurance offer?*
We can arrange the following areas of cover, depending on your business needs:
- public liability
- employers liability
- subcontractor liability
- contract works
- stored materials
- tools in transit
- groundwork risks
- completed dwellings awaiting sale
- environmental clean-up
- vehicles including directors' cars.
*As with all insurance policies, terms and conditions apply. Contact us for full details.
From fixing the guttering on a five-storey roof to tending to a light fitting in a domestic property, we know your work is varied and presents different risks to you, your staff or subcontractors, and the general public. You need handyman insurance cover that protects against these risks.
Plant hirers insurance
We know hiring plant is commonplace for many tradesmen and contractors like you working in the building industry. However, it is not without risks: theft, malicious damage, fire, flood, storms or accidental damage. So you need plant hire insurance cover that gives adequate protection.
Whether you're patching up a few holes in a wall or reconstructing a large proportion of a property, we know your work is varied. It presents different risks to you, your staff or subcontractors, and the general public. So you need plasterers insurance that gives you adequate protection against these risks.
Frequently asked questions
Amongst the dangers you face are falling tools or masonry that could potentially cause harm to people or damage to vehicles, accidentally drilling through water pipes causing major damage, and furniture or flooring becoming damaged or stained due to heavy equipment or corrosive materials. Our builders insurance policy will offer protection for:
- your vehicles and plant – including the items you hire or loan in or out
- loss or damage to your property, contract works, and materials on site
- timber-framed properties in the course of construction.
Read the latest contractors articles
Plans to introduce deskilling training standards to electrical contractors have been scrapped following widespread protests by electricians across the UK.
Undergoing major building works, whether a new build or a significant extension/refurbishment? Learn how owners and developers are enjoying the benefits of an OCIP.