Surgery Insurance

We're here to help with your surgery insurance

Taking care of your insurance is just one way our team can support you. We're here to manage your risks to protect your business, your staff and your patients.

  • Commitment 
    We understand the unique pressures, challenges and risks you face each day. Our team of experts is dedicated to simplifying your insurance, making it one less thing for you to worry about. 
  • Experience
    We're experts with years of experience who can arrange bespoke insurance that's tailored to protect you.
  • Support
    We're here to do the hard work, so you can focus on delivering excellent care. We'll search our panel of insurers and offer advice and support when you need it.

How our team of surgery insurance experts can help you

Our team of experts has years of experience supporting businesses in the healthcare sector. 

We take time to manage your risks and arrange cover that's right for you and your surgery, so you can relax and support the patients you're caring for, knowing you, your business and your staff are protected.

What cover options can surgery insurance include?

We work with a wide range of GPs and dentists and know that running a surgery presents daily risks. We're here to help protect your reputation, manage everyday challenges, and make sure you remain compliant. With a standard surgery package, you can select your sum insured for a range of types of cover:

  • property damage
  • equipment breakdown
  • money
  • employee dishonesty
  • employers liability
  • public and products liability
  • legal expenses (up to £5m turnover only).

We understand every healthcare business is unique. You can include several specific cover options based on your needs.

  • business interruption
  • terrorism
  • personal accident
  • dispensing errors.

Insurance is just one way our team can support your practice. Talk to us about risk management, employee benefits and even commercial covers such as cyber that are ever important in today's healthcare sector.

Cyber liability

Cyber-crime in the health and care industry is now more frequent and sophisticated than ever. We can arrange cyber liability insurance to help protect against the risk of an attack on your business.

Management liability

If someone claims a wrongful act: as a breach of duty or trust, a negligent act, or defamation against your company, your director may be held liable, presenting a risk to their livelihood. Management liability – also known as directors and officers insurance – will protect them.

Employment practice liability

If your company faces allegations of, for example, sexual harassment or wrongful dismissal by employees, this insurance will protect against compensation costs due. Any legal costs defending your case will also be covered.

Corporate legal liability

Protects your company against defence costs and awards associated with several events. This may include breach of data protection, health and safety, maladministration of a company pension or other regulatory claims.

Frequently asked questions

Does my healthcare practice need employers liability insurance?
Yes. Under the Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act, if your company employs staff, you are required by law to have employers' liability insurance in place. This insurance will enable you to meet the cost of any compensation due should an employee suffer injuries or illness, whether they are caused on or off-site.
When do I need to get employers liability cover for my healthcare practice?
You will need to have employers' liability cover in place from the day your care business employs staff. Whether paid or not, you are at risk of legal action from the moment you have any staff for who you are responsible. To qualify as 'staff', a person does not have to be paid or under contract to you; it can be any person you have a legal duty of care over. This means sometimes even sole traders will need employers liability insurance.
What is the minimum cover I need to have in place for my healthcare practice?

The level of cover you need will depend on many factors. We would need to assess your business and the risks it faces, then make recommendations. Other influences that can dictate how much cover you need are the types of people you care for, local authority requirements to meet your contract terms and any previous insurance claims you have made. In larger organisations, or where several employees are in one location, we'd recommend increased limits of cover are arranged.

As an employer, you're legally required to have employers liability cover for compensation of at least £5 million, but most policies will offer cover for £10 million.

How much public liability insurance cover will I need?
The level of cover you need depends on the risks your business faces. Cover can be anywhere from £2m to £10m or beyond. The clients you work with or local authority contracts you have tendered for may dictate the minimum value of cover you need.