Our nursing home clients
We work with a wide range of care home businesses, helping them to protect their reputation, tackle everyday challenges, and remain compliant.
- nursing or residential care homes for the elderly
- homes dealing with mental health and mental disorder categories
- homes for service users with learning and physical difficulties
- supported living and sheltered accommodation
- day care services
- children’s homes or agencies
- clinics and rehabilitation centres
What we cover
In a standard nursing home insurance policy, you’ll be covered for:
- public and products liability
- professional liability including medical malpractice
- management liability (executive liability)
- employers liability
All mention of enhancements to cover, or of discounts, is in comparison to Markel’s standard open market offering.
Our health and care advisers
Our care team has decades of experience in the care sector. We recognise every business is unique, and offer our advice and guidance to help you protect your complex world.
We offer a range of services to help you reduce risk, and adapt to your ever-changing world so you are able to focus on your business.
We are here when you need us. We're dedicated to ensuring our care home insurance products and services keep up with the pace of change. You can be confident any insurance we arrange for you will fully meet the requirements of the following bodies:
- Care Quality Commission in England (CQC)
- Regulation Quality Improvement Authority in Ireland (RQIA)
- Care and Social Services Inspectorate in Wales (CSSIW)
- Care Inspectorate (CI) and Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)
Efficient claims service
We can advise and negotiate claims for you.
So, in the event of a claim, your adviser can manage the process through to settlement – allowing you to get on with running your business.