What's putting you at risk?

We surveyed over 2,000 business leaders like YOU to identify the key risks you’re facing and created the UK Business Risk Report - full of practical insights to help you tackle them. Download your FREE copy today.

Insurance for learning difficulty service providers

Insurance for learning disability service providers

Our team works with speciality insurers to provide leading solutions for learning difficulty service providers, helping protect their reputation, tackle everyday challenges, and remain compliant. We service a wide range of learning difficulty support services, including hospitals, inpatient and outpatient services.

  • Care homes
    Cover across all aspects of residential care. Services for all ages from children to elderly.
  • Supported living
    For providers of respite care services, home help, supported housing, supported housing with care and day care services.
  • Rehabilitation
    Facilities providing treatment for addictions such as drug and alcohol addiction.
  • Specialist community services
    Providers offering specialist learning difficulty services for people of all ages.

What our learning difficulty liability insurance covers

In a standard insurance policy, you’ll be covered for:

  • Public and products liability
  • Professional liability including medical malpractice
  • Management liability (executive liability)

Our healthcare insurance advisors

Our team has decades of experience in the healthcare sector. We recognise every business is unique, and offer our advice and guidance to help you protect your complex world.

We offer a range of services to help you reduce risk, and adapt to your ever-changing world so you are able to focus on your business.

Get in touch with our health and care insurance team

Governing bodies

We are here when you need us. We're dedicated to ensuring our care home insurance products and services keep up with the pace of change. You can be confident any insurance we arrange for you will fully meet the requirements of the following bodies:

  • Care Quality Commission in England (CQC)
  • Regulation Quality Improvement Authority in Ireland (RQIA)
  • Care and Social Services Inspectorate in Wales (CSSIW)
  • Care Inspectorate (CI) and Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS)

Frequently asked questions

The level of cover you need will depend on many factors. We would need to assess your business and the risks it faces, then make recommendations.

In larger organisations, or where several employees are in one location, we'd recommend increased limits of cover are arranged.

As an employer, you're legally required to have employers liability cover for compensation of at least £5 million, but most policies will offer cover for £10 million.

The level of cover required is dependent on many factors and we would need to assess the requirements of the business and make recommendations based on the information provided. There are also other factors that can dictate the level of cover needed, such as the types of people you are caring for or local authority requirements to meet the terms of the contract. You require employers liability cover from the day your healthcare practice starts employing staff. From the moment you have any person to whom you are responsible, whether paid or not, you are at risk of legal action. To qualify as "staff" a person does not have to be paid or under contract to you. It includes any person to whom you have a legal duty of care. This means that sometimes even sole traders will need employers liability insurance.