Domiciliary care insurance

How can we help your domiciliary care business?

Insurance is just one way our team can support you and your business. 

It’s our job to manage your risks to protect your business, your staff, and the people you care for. 

  • Simplicity
    We understand the pressure you’re under every day and do everything we can to ensure your insurance options are presented simply, expertly, and impartially.
  • Experience
    Recognising every care provider is unique; our care team offers a wealth of experience, takes a long-term view, and tailors your solution to your specific needs.
  • Protection
    We do our due diligence up front, and a huge amount of work behind the scenes with our panel of insurers, to ensure the cover you have in place is just right for you.

 Our health and care advisers.

Our Care team has decades of experience in the care sector. We recognise every business is unique, and offer our advice and guidance to help you protect your complex world.

We offer a range of services to help you reduce risk and adapt to your ever-changing world, so you can provide amazing experiences to your clients.

Domiciliary care insurance. 

If your organisation provides home care, or any of the services below, our team can help you manage your risk, protect your business, your staff, and the people you care for.

  • Personal care.
  • Nursing care.
  • Administering of prescribed and non-prescribed medicines.
  • Night care.
  • Carer respite service.
  • Day care centres.
  • Supported living facilities.
  • Meals on wheels.
  • Cleaning, cooking and household tasks, shopping, laundry and gardening services.

Additional services can be considered.

Advice available to clients.

  • CQC compliance and guidance ‒ phone consultation to support you with compliance and best practice principles in relation to the Care Quality Commission, subject to conditions.
  • Tax and legal guidance ‒ initial phone consultation with expert business partners.

Zurich domiciliary care.

Zurich believe that after all the time and effort you put into making your business a success, you deserve insurance to work just as hard to protect it. 

Discover Zurich's market-leading domiciliary care product with enhanced cover.


Efficient claims service.

We can advise and negotiate claims for you.

So, in the event of a claim, your Marsh Commercial adviser can manage the process through to settlement – allowing you to get on with running your business.

Frequently asked questions.

Does my care business need Employers’ Liability Insurance?
Yes. Under the Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act, all organisations that have staff are required by law to have Employers Liability Insurance.
When do I need to get Employers Liability cover for my care business?
You require employers’ liability cover from the day your care business starts employing staff. From the moment you have any person to whom you are responsible, whether paid or not, you are at risk of legal action. To qualify as "staff" a person does not have to be paid or under contract to you. It includes any person to whom you have a legal duty of care. This means that sometimes even sole traders will need employers’ liability insurance.
What is the minimum cover I need to have in place for my care business?
The level of cover required is dependent on many factors and we would need to assess the requirements of the business and make recommendations based on the information provided. There are also other factors that can dictate the level of cover needed, such as the types of people you are caring for or local authority requirements to meet the terms of the contract.
How much Public Liability insurance will I need?
The level of cover you need is related to the amount of risk faced by your business. Cover can be anywhere from £2m to £10m or beyond. The minimum value could be dictated by the clients you work with, or local authority contracts you have tendered for.