Uncover the hidden link between mental health and workplace safety

Join us on Friday 14 June at 10am to learn the best practices for fostering a culture of mental health awareness and enhancing workplace safety. Register now .

Care Home Insurance UK, Care Home Insurance Providers

Care home insurance

We're here to help with your care home insurance 

Taking care of your insurance is just one way our team can support you. We're here to manage your risks to protect your business, your staff and the people you care for.

  • Commitment
    We understand the unique pressures, challenges and risks you face each day. Our team of experts are dedicated to simplifying your insurance, making it one less thing for you to worry about.
  • Experience
    Because we're experts with years of experience, we can arrange bespoke insurance that's tailored to protect you.
  • Support
    We're here to do the hard work, so you can focus on delivering excellent care. We'll search our panel of insurers and offer advice and support when you need it.

What our care home insurance covers

  • Management liability (executive liability)
  • Employers liability
  • Professional liability, including medical malpractice
  • Public and products liability

How our team of care home insurance experts can help you

Our team of experts has years of experience supporting businesses in the care sector.

We take time to manage your risks and arrange cover that's right for your care home. So, you can focus on supporting the people you're caring for, knowing you, your business and your staff are protected.

Get in touch with our health and care insurance team

Who does our care home insurance cover?

We pride ourselves on finding high-quality-cover to give you a first-class-service. Whether you run:

  • nursing or residential care homes for the elderly
  • homes dealing with mental health and mental disorder categories
  • homes for service users with learning and physical difficulties
  • supported living and sheltered accommodation
  • day care services
  • children’s homes or agency
  • clinics and rehabilitation centres
  • hospices.

Clients we support with care home insurance 

Because we work with a wide range of care home businesses, we know running a care home presents daily risks. We're here to help protect your reputation, manage everyday challenges, and make sure you, your business and the people you care for are fully protected.

We arrange cover for the following types of care home businesses:

  • nursing or residential care homes for the elderly
  • homes dealing with mental health and mental disorder categories
  • homes for service users with learning and physical difficulties
  • supported living and sheltered accommodation
  • daycare services
  • children's homes or agencies
  • clinics and rehabilitation centres
  • hospices
Keeping up with governing bodies for care home insurance clients

Governing bodies

We are here when you need us. We're dedicated to ensuring our care home insurance products and services keep up with the pace of change. You can be confident any insurance we arrange for you will fully meet the requirements of the following bodies:

Care Quality Commission in England (CQC).
Regulation Quality Improvement Authority in Ireland (RQIA).
Care and Social Services Inspectorate in Wales (CSSIW).
Care Inspectorate (CI) and Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS).

Efficient claims service

Efficient claims service

Should you need to make a claim, we're here to advise and negotiate on your behalf.

Your Marsh Commercial adviser can manage the process through to settlement - allowing you to focus on running your care business.

Frequently asked questions

Yes. Your policy will not automatically renew, but we will write to you or email you 30 days before your renewal date. We can't automatically take a payment to renew your policy because we don't hold bank or card details, so you must confirm if you want your policy to continue. Payment must be made before the renewal date online, over the phone, or by bank transfer. Please don't assume your policy has been renewed until you have received confirmation in writing from us. If you are concerned about your policy, please call us on 0113 350 8712. Yes. Under the Employers' Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act, if your company employs staff, you are required by law to have employers liability insurance in place. This insurance will enable you to meet the cost of any compensation due should an employee suffer injuries or illness, whether they are caused on or off-site. The level of cover you need will depend on many factors. We would need to assess your business and the risks it faces, then make recommendations. Other influences that can dictate how much cover you need include the types of people you care for, local authority requirements to meet your contract terms and any previous insurance claims you have made. In larger organisations, or where several employees are in one location, we'd recommend increased limits of cover are arranged.

As an employer, you're legally required to have employers' liability cover for compensation of at least £5 million, but most policies will offer cover for £10 million.
The level of cover you need depends on the risks your practice faces. Cover can be anywhere from �2m to �10m or beyond. The patients you deal with, or local authority contracts you have tendered for may dictate the minimum value of cover you need. You will need to have employers' liability cover in place from the day your care business employs staff. Whether paid or not, you are at risk of legal action from the moment you have any staff for who you are responsible. To qualify as 'staff', a person does not have to be paid or under contract to you; it can be any person you have a legal duty of care over. This means sometimes even sole traders will need employers liability insurance.