Care Insurance Made Easy

What care insurance can we help you with?

Recognising every care provider is unique; our care specialists offer their expertise, take a long-term view and find a solution to your specific needs.

What care service are you looking to insure?

Quote and buy insurance online

If you are a carer, or employ a carer in your home – you can simply buy or renew your insurance online today.

Free no obligation health check

We want you to be confident that you and your business are fully protected. Sadly, if you only realise when you have to make a claim that you don't have the right cover in place, you could be left out of pocket. That's why we're offering you a free, no obligation insurance health check.

Care home insurance

Running a care home can be as challenging as it is rewarding.

We work with insurers who evolve to meet the needs of today's care homes and our dedicated team has over 25 years experience in this sector.

Insurance for mental health providers

Decades of experience in the healthcare sector means we can find the right mental health liability insurance for you.

Domiciliary care insurance

Having operated for more than 25 years in the care sector, our health and care team offers a wealth of experience and expertise to find the best solution for your business.

Insurance for individual carers

An individual carer’s insurance policy gives protection and peace of mind whilst you are delivering care and support in your community.

Direct care insurance

The direct care policy provides cover for individuals who employ carers or personal assistants in their home.
Packages start from just £62.50 per year.

Surgery insurance

We are proud to work with doctors, dentists and healthcare practices across the UK, providing solutions for the evolving needs of the medical and dental professions.

Foster care agency insurance

We take the time to fully understand your needs, helping you to identify and manage the risks you face when you are accountable for children in care.

Frequently asked questions

How much public liability insurance will I need?
The level of cover you need is related to the amount of risk faced by your business. Cover can be anywhere from £2 million to £10 million or beyond. The minimum value could be dictated by the clients you work with, or local authority contracts you have tendered for.
Do I need public liability insurance if I am self-employed carer?

 Yes. We would advise any business to hold such cover, whether you occupy a premises or whether you are working away, or visiting someone’s home.

Does my healthcare practice need employers liability insurance?
Yes. Under the Employers Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act, all organisations that have staff are required by law to have Employers Liability Insurance.
When do I need to get employers liability cover for my healthcare practice?
You require employers' liability cover from the day your healthcare business starts employing staff. From the moment you have any person to whom you are responsible, whether paid or not, you are at risk of legal action. To qualify as "staff" a person does not have to be paid or under contract to you. It includes any person to whom you have a legal duty of care. This means that sometimes even sole traders will need employers' liability insurance.
What is the minimum cover I need to have in place for my healthcare practice?
The level of cover required is dependent on many factors and we would need to assess the requirements of the business and make recommendations based on the information provided. There are also other factors that can dictate the level of cover needed, such as the types of people you are caring for or local authority requirements to meet the terms of the contract.

Read our latest health and care industry articles