What's putting you at risk?

We surveyed over 2,000 business leaders like YOU to identify the key risks you’re facing and created the UK Business Risk Report - full of practical insights to help you tackle them. Download your FREE copy today.

Care insurance, care provider insurance, care insurance brokers, carer insurance, carer insurance self employed, self employed carers insurance

What home help insurance is available

Whether you provide care for those who require support in their own homes, or you are the employer of a carer or personal assistant yourself - we can help you find the home help insurance you need.

There are three types of home help insurance:

Domiciliary care insurance

We work with some of the UK’s leading insurers to provide insurance solutions for organisations that supply nurses or care staff to care for individuals and families within their own homes. Our team can help you manage your risk, protect your business, and the people you care for.

Domiciliary care insurance is for organisations that provide services such as:

  • Personal care
  • Nursing care
  • Administering of prescribed and non-prescribed medicines
  • Night care
  • Carer respite service
  • Day care centres
  • Supported living facilities
  • Meals on wheels
  • Cleaning
  • Cooking
  • Household tasks, shopping, laundry, and gardening services.

Insurance for individual carers

Self-employed carer insurance and private carer insurance can cover you against the daily risks you face, including:

  • Personal injury
  • Accidental loss
  • Alleged abuse claims.

As well as any other liability issues that can be insured against with a single policy.

A standard insurance policy includes cover for:

  • £5 million public liability insurance (£10 million limit optional)
  • Allege abuse
  • Temporary visits abroad whilst working
  • Personal accident up to age 80
  • Administering prescribed and non-prescribed medicines.

Employing a carer

Our Direct Care product is designed for individuals who employ personal assistants or carers under the UK Government initiative scheme, receive direct payments, personalisation or individual budgets or privately fund the employment of carers or personal assistants.

If you employ home help, we offer three levels of cover:

Bronze £62.50 (annually)

  • Employers liability insurance.

Up to £20 million per claim if you are found to be legally responsible for an injury your carer or personal assistant incurs, whilst working for you

  • Public liability insurance.

Up to £5 million per claim if you, or your carer or personal assistant, are held legally liable for the injury or death of another person or damage to their property.

Silver £78.50 (annually)

For added protection, select our silver package, which includes everything from the bronze package, plus legal expenses

  • Legal expenses.

If you enter into a dispute with your carer or personal assistant, you may need professional advice and possibly legal representation, particularly if the dispute went as far as an industrial tribunal.

Our silver package includes up to £100,000 of legal expenses, which covers policyholders against the potential costs of legal action brought by or against them.

Gold £88.50 (annually)

For even greater protection, choose our gold package, which includes everything in the silver package plus personal accident.

  • Personal accident.

Personal accident cover is available up to age 90 if you or your carer or personal assistant suffers an accident whilst in the course of employment.

It provides the following benefits:

  • £10,000 in the event of death
  • Up to £10,000 in the event of permanent loss of sight or limbs
  • £500 fracture benefit.

This is a marketing communication MC210123578