“With mental health and wellbeing, there should be more consideration with supporting the whole workforce. Solutions such as employee assistance programmes, digital mental health training programmes and financial education can really support colleagues.”
Almost half of UK businesses (49%) see employee mental health and wellbeing as a key people risk, up from 30% in 2021 – according to our UK Business Risk Report.
That’s why we sat down with Rachel Riley, Commercial & Consumer Leader, Mercer, to explore how you can support your employees through turbulent times.
In this exclusive interview Rachel discussed:
- Why employee mental health and wellbeing was identified as a key risk for UK businesses.
- Steps employers can take to support the mental health and wellbeing of their employees.
- How managing employee benefits may change in light of the cost of living crisis.
- What tactics and strategies businesses can deploy to manage people risk
- The challenges SMEs face with implementing employee health and wellbeing programmes.
Put yourself in a better position to support your employees by watching the interview below. Be sure to visit our UK Risk Hub for more resources to help you support employee wellbeing and tackle staff shortages.
You had your say, the results are in
Our UK Business Risk Report features findings from 1,700 businesses just like you. The report brings together insight, expert commentary, and guidance on how to turn today’s challenges into tomorrow’s opportunities.