Finalists announced for the Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire)
It’s time for the Local Business Charity Awards 2018.
The awards recognise the support given to Oxfordshire charities by businesses in the county. Jelf helped to establish these awards in 2014 originally in Gloucestershire, and we’ve supported them ever since, watching them grow bigger every year. And this year we’re co-sponsoring the awards with A-Plan.
We’re delighted to announce the finalists and the charities who nominated them for 2018 Local Business Charity Awards (Oxfordshire).
The Jelf Award
- Karcher (UK) Ltd nominated by Katherine House Hospice
- Sainsburys (Heyford Hill Branch) nominated by The Porch
- The Midcounties Co-operative (Central Oxford Region) nominated by Aspire Oxford
- The Oxford Mail nominated by Oxford Hospitals Charity
The A-Plan Award
- FAI Farms nominated by Farm Ability
- Fairfax and Company nominated by The Charlbury Corner House and War Memorial Hall Charity
- Infineum UK Ltd nominated by The Abingdon Bridge
- Paws Pet Supplies and Fishing Bait nominated by Springfield Sanctuary
The Individual Award
- Aaron Gee from the Midcounties Co-operative (Central Oxford Region) nominated by Aspire
- Charlie Poole from All Guard Services nominated by Banburyshire Citizens Project
- Sue Towlerton from Infineum UK Ltd nominated by The Abingdon Bridge
The finals will be held on Thursday 5 July 2018 at The Hill End Centre, Eynsham. The event will be catered for by Oxfordshire charity Trax and the team will be producing food under the theme of ‘The Best of Oxfordshire’, using only locally-grown and produced foods and drinks, to reflect the very best of flavours in the county.
How can I get involved?
Although nominations for the Oxfordshire awards are now closed, charities and businesses can list themselves on the free ‘Support A Local Charity’ page. The page helps to match up businesses and charities with a skills and need swap.
When are the Gloucestershire awards?
If you’re a charity based in Gloucestershire, you can now nominate your local corporate partners.
The closing data for nominations is Friday 27 July 2018 with the awards finals taking place on Thursday 6 September 2018.
For the latest news, follow The Local Business Charity Awards on social: