Buildings and Contents Insurance

Why do you need buildings and contents insurance?

Buying a property is a big investment and one that is worth protecting. Whether it’s your first step on the property ladder, a home for your family or you’ve downsized, it’s important that you have the right buildings and contents insurance in place should the worst happen. 

  • Protect yourself
    Having the right buildings and contents insurance in place gives you the confidence that the things that are most valuable to you, are protected. 
  • Accidental damage
    Additional cover can be added to your policy to provide protection against accidental damage to your possessions. 
  • Advice you can trust
    Our team of experts is on hand to discuss your needs and understand the level of cover you require. We can then search the market for the right protection for you, at the best possible price. 

How our home insurance team can help

We understand how important your home and belongings are to you and your family. This is why we want to make finding the right buildings and contents insurance as easy as possible. Our team of home insurance experts is available to discuss the options available to you. If you’d like our help to ensure the things you care about are protected, simply get in touch with our specialists. 

Frequently asked questions

What is covered by building insurance?
Generally building insurance covers your property against damage caused by fire, storms, floods, falling trees and branches, subsidence, theft and attempted theft. A building doesn’t only refer to a house or flat, other types of buildings include domestic outbuildings, garages, terraces and footpaths, even swimming pools and tennis courts. Our specialists will be able to advise exactly what is and isn’t covered. 
What is covered by contents insurance?
Contents insurance provides cover for household goods and personal possessions that belong to you and members of your household. It also includes goods that you or members of your household are legally responsible for. There are some exemptions to this, including general wear and tear of goods, corrosion and electrical or mechanical breakdowns.
Am I covered for accidental damage to my property?
Most policies include a limited amount of basic accidental damage cover as standard. Buildings policies generally cover fixed glass, ceramic hobs and sanitary items. Contents policies tend to include audio and visual equipment only. You have the option to include extended accidental damage cover which provides extra protection in a wider range of scenarios; such as damaging a wire or pipe within a wall during DIY, or stains on carpets and soft furnishings.