Energy storage insurance
Energy storage expertise to support you
Large scale energy storage is now an essential part of the future of the energy market in the UK. With the National Grid having a requirement to procure back up storage to improve energy stability supply, they are working with developers and operators of energy storage projects under a number of schemes.
We cater for projects ranging from 100kw through to 50MW including the following technologies:
- Battery energy storage systems
- Pumped hydroelectricity storage
- Pumped heat electricity storage
- Liquid air energy storage
How we can help the energy storage sector
We offer comprehensive insurance cover for the protection of developers and owner, operators and their respective energy storage projects during design, construction and operational phase.
With the insurance market for energy storage still in its infancy and a clear lack of understanding in the market, we have worked with leading companies within the sector to devise an insurance policy specifically for energy storage projects.
Energy storage in the construction phase
- Marine Transit
- Contractors All Risks
- Delay in Start Up (Advance Loss of Profit)
- Public Liability
Energy storage in the operational phase
- Operational All Risks (Including Damage, Breakdown, Loss of Revenue)
- Cover for Imported Energy or Energy Stored
- Extended Loss of Revenue Cover for Damage to Grid/ Substations
- Extended Loss of Revenue Indemnity Period (18 Months)
- Public Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Cyber Attacks
- Decommissioning Bonds
- Defective Title/Chancel
Read the latest renewable energy articles
In the global drive to replace fossil fuels, the ability to store excess energy is key to maximising renewable energy. How could your plant utilise battery storage?
Jelf has signed an agreement with Malaby Biogas which provides integrated solutions using Anaerobic Digestion (AD) technology.