Design Business Association Members
Why do you need professional indemnity insurance?
As a member of the Design Business Association (DBA), it’s not mandatory to have professional indemnity insurance (PII). However, designers and creative professionals have a responsibility to provide specialist advice and services that meet their clients' expectations; with this responsibility comes a risk of being held to account for a client’s financial loss, should negligent advice be given or inadequate work carried out. You may encounter clients who are dissatisfied with your work, but PII will protect your business if it is found liable for any compensation payable to the claimant and any legal costs incurred defending the claim.
At Marsh Commercial, we can help mitigate the day to day risks DBA members face. In addition to providing protection should your business be liable for any compensation payable, our services also include risk management support and an in-house claims team that can guide you through the claims process step by step to find the right resolution
What can it do for you
Our professional indemnity insurance offers levels of cover to suit your needs.
As a member of the DBA you will benefit from:
- Free first excess on professional indemnity cover.
- Crisis containment cover extension.
- Business HR facility.
- Ability to bespoke cyber cover.
- Automatic renewal facility (subject to criteria).
- Free tax advice helpline for you and on behalf of your clients.
- Interest-free instalment facility.
- Dedicated claims team.
- Free 24-hour legal and counselling advice helplines for all partners.