MOTOR club insurance

Club Guard is an insurance product that can combine multiple risk areas into a single insurance policy, as well as being flexible enough to add extra covers when required.

The purpose of the policy is to work alongside and in support of the MSA Liability Master insurance policy, which provides cover for a number of elements of risk for MSA registered clubs.

The MSA Liability Master insurance policy covers certain aspects for MSA registered clubs. They are noted in the “Blue Book” as:

  1. Events arranged by clubs held under an MSA Permit of Certificate of Exemption
  2. Marshals training days
  3. Some social activities.

Approval may be given for the demonstration of vehicles.

What does it cover?

  • Property
    If a club owns any property such as timing equipment, computers, radio equipment or trophies, these can be insured under a property insurance policy for any damage, loss or theft.
  • Employers' Liability 
    As a club you are responsible for the health and safety of volunteers and contractors that work for you outside MSA Permitted Events as they are defined as employees as they are carrying out activities for and on behalf of the club. If you are unsure about whether or not a person is an employee under the Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act, please refer to the following explanatory document provided by the Health and Safety Executive.
  • Public liability – racing, rallying, and practice
    Unless you have an MSA permit that covers club practising, racing or rallying then you will need separate insurance. Karting clubs in particular require this cover.
  • Public liability – fireworks
    The use of fireworks is not covered under the MSA Liability policy, meaning that if you arrange this type of event as a club you will need Public Liability insurance to protect the club from potential claims from the third parties attending the event.
  • Public liability – commercial activities
    If the club performs any commercial activities for profit or gain, for example hiring out your timing or communications equipment, or providing any of the club’s services for a fee, then we are able to provide this cover.
  • Directors, officers, and trustee indemnity
    If they are accused of any “wrongful act”, they can be held personally liable for their actions and decisions.The MSA policy does not provide this cover for individuals outside Permitted Events, but we are able to assist for everything that falls outside of this.

Find out more from our dedicated team. 

01482 388 637