Motorsports Insurance

Why you need a motorsport insurance specialist

Where driving at high speed is the norm, there is no denying the risks inherent in motorsport. These risks call for specialist insurance, knowledge, and insight. From motorsport governing bodies to the clubman competitor, we can help.

  • Highly specialised insurance
    We can arrange motorsport insurance for your modified vehicle, your event liabilities, even personal accident. See below for more detail. 
  • Rectification
    We know the motorsport industry so our advice comes from a place of understanding. If an incident occurs, notify us within 24 hours, and jwe’ll be with you every step of the way.
  • Repairing the damage
    Our claims service gets you back up and running as quickly as possible, with advice and assistance when you need it most.    

How our dedicated motorsport insurance team can help

To reflect the specialised nature of the world of motorsport, we have worked with a number of leading insurers to provide you with a choice of cover to suit your needs. With insurers who understand your industry as well as we do, we can guarantee a policy that truly delivers.

Details on the risks faced by you or your business, and what we cover, are shown below.

Motor vehicle insurance

Cover for motorsports vehicles including; competition vehicles, event support vehicles and ancillary vehicles that belong to a motor sport competitor, event support team or motor sport club member.

Storage and transit insurance

Cover for any motorsport items being stored at a permanent premises and/or transported around the UK, EU or worldwide.

On event accident damage insurance

Cover designed for your motor sports vehicle whilst it is competing, practising, testing or participating on a track day.

Personal accident insurance

Cover for professional and non-professional motorsport participants, officials and marshals. Group Personal Accident policies are also available for companies needing cover for their employees.

Road section insurance

RallyGuard. Our specially designed insurance. Covers your third party Road Traffic Act liabilities, for road sections between stages (stage rallies) or during events (road rallies).

Event liabilities insurance

This provides a stand-alone or an annual policy for motorsport event organisers, track day organisers, driving tuition, rally or race schools or private testing.

Motor club insurance

Club Guard is our specially designed motorsport commercial combined insurance policy, for motorsport clubs and their needs outside of the MSA Liability Master insurance policy.

Circuit and venue insurance

Cover available for all types of competition venues large or small providing either stand-alone, or annual Employers’ and Pubic Liability insurance. Should there be other aspects that require cover, a combined insurance policy can also be an option.

Motor traders insurance

From large chains to small garages, we can find cost-effective motor traders insurance solutions suitable for your business.

Stick to win

Fancy winning a year's motorsport road insurance? Simply request one of our exclusive motorsport division car stickers, stick it on your car and send us a picture along with your contact details and you could be the winner of a year's road insurance. Request one of our car stickers to enter our prize draw. Read more...

Frequently asked questions

Are employees covered at competitive events working as mechanics?
Yes. For example when they are working in active service areas or open pit lanes.
Can I insure myself should I have an accident whilst competing at events?
Yes you can, this can be covered with a Personal Accident policy.
Can modified vehicles have an agreed value?
Absolutely. We want to ensure that in the event of a claim you aren’t out of pocket due to underinsurance.
Do you offer cover on a worldwide basis?
Yes we do - on a case-by-case basis.