Health and Safety Management
We're here to help with your health and safety
You're busy running your business. We understand it's challenging to find time to investigate the health and safety risks your business faces and put measures in place to protect against these risks. That's where we can help. We'll make sure you're ahead of the game – before a serious incident occurs.
- Preparing your business
As well as working with you to develop a plan, we can arrange regular or annual site visits, audits, inspections, documentation, procedures, checklists, online e-learning, and even toolbox (health and safety) talks. We'll make sure you're adequately prepared for all eventualities.
- Specialist guidance and staff training
Because we take time to understand your business, we'll fill any gaps in your health and safety paperwork, providing relevant documents. We'll also enhance staff skills with online training that's designed specifically for your employees.
- Service and support
We work in partnership with you to defend any enforcement action taken against you. We're here to support you, acting as a buffer between you and the enforcing bodies.
How our expert risk management in health and safety team can help
Our health and safety experts will understand your business's core risks and needs by carrying out a compliance gap analysis. We'll then work with you to develop and implement a robust health and safety risk management action plan.
We'll take care of the essential administrative tasks: policy writing, risk assessments, facilitating discussions etc., to keep you on track to achieving your goals so you can focus on running your business.
Health and safety and risk management services
Your external competent person
As an employer, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requires you to appoint a competent person to help you meet your health and safety legal duties. You'll have access to one of our health and safety consultants who will act as your designated 'competent person' outside of your business.
Your workplace health and safety consultant will:
- work with your in-house appointed health and safety personnel to complete all health and safety policies and procedures, as well as relevant health and safety risk assessments
- arrange access to our E-Learning system ‘Managing Health & Safety’ course
- provide the advice you need to comply with health and safety regulations, including control measures and action plans
- ensure all health and safety policies, risk assessments and action plans are contained within our online interactive platform, Mercury
- conduct regular audits (off and on-site) of progress towards full compliance
- provide a presence at the premises in the event of a serious accident or incident
- liaise with the HSE and/or Local Authorities on any issues on inspections
- provide an indemnity for costs arising out of a health and safety prosecution.
Our health and safety consultants offer bespoke advice to your business relating to specific health and safety issues. We'll research and investigate your situation and follow up with a written evaluation, including advice on how your business should respond.
Risk assessment support
Working on your premises to understand your businesses specific risks, we'll advise on and complete any control measures you need to have in place. This might include action plans, working with the responsible person in respect of:
- fire risk assessment
- disability discrimination audit and plan
- asbestos register
- any other relevant risk assessment.
We'll arrange to visit your business to assess and work through your specific health and safety issues. These services include:
- site inspections and inspection reports
- bespoke health and safety audits
- accident investigation
- claims defensibility
- business continuity planning.
Our risk in health and safety advisors will provide a tailored and personal approach to support your business.
Food safety support
Our team of experts can advise you on all aspects of your food safety management, including:
- carrying out a review of your existing food management system
- giving a full explanation of HACCP and its principles to all relevant employees
- auditing your existing documentation
- establishing a food safety management system based on HACCP principles, including the provision of the necessary training to implement the system
- auditing of your suppliers' food safety documentation.
Health and safety training
To complement our extensive library of health and safety E-Learning courses, we can provide your business with:
- in-house training
- bespoke training tailored to suit your requirements.
We also offer a range of property-related on-site support services (including a full report) covering:
- property inspections
- property surveys
- business continuity planning
- disaster recovery planning.
Duty of care to employees
As an employer, you have a duty of care to protect your employees. You're required to appoint a competent person responsible for ensuring legal requirements are met. This includes conducting health and safety risk assessments, having a health and safety policy, and maintaining health and safety standards for cleanliness.
Your competent person
We'll work with your competent person to review and update your business's critical health and safety documents. This includes putting in place risk improvement plans and supporting your continual progression towards compliance. We'll visit your business to carry out safety walks, attend HSE visits, carry out toolbox talks and help you maintain continued health and safety.
We can carry out audits and provide expert advice and assistance to ensure your business complies with health and safety and legal obligations. We're here to reduce risks to your business.
Read the latest health and safety articles
Over the last two years, more than 500,000 households in the UK have had solar panels installed.
Regular health and safety inspections are recommended for any company, especially those that are often inundated with hazards, such as those in the construction industry.