What is dental insurance?
Dental insurance covers a range of treatments, hygienist visits and procedures such as fillings. They provide access to various dental treatments and costs, up to agreed limits. Research shows that a trip to the dentist can identify major health problems such as oral cancer and heart disease1 – so is a great way to reduce the impact.
What are the benefits of dental insurance?
Key benefits of dental insurance can include:
- Highly perceived and valued benefit by staff at a relatively low cost
- Employees can be seen, treated and back to work sooner
- Improved employee engagement, health and productivity
- Helps with recruitment and retention – saving you money
- Choice of dental insurance cover levels, so you only pay for what you need
- Available as a voluntary option
- Pays for a broad range of treatment, ranging from cleaning, routine x-rays and restorative work to crowns and root canals
- Helps maintain good oral health and prevent dental emergencies
- Can help identify other health problems early, including gum disease, oral cancer, diabetes and heart disease
- Feel valued by their employer
- A benefit that all employees can and should use every year
- Can sometimes provide discounts on other dental procedures such as teeth whitening and cosmetic straightening
Get in touch with an employee wellbeing expert
Call 0333 920 6911
Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB) is a trading name of Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA (for details see marshcommercial.co.uk/info/terms). Registered in England and Wales number 0837227. Registered Office: 1 Tower Place West, London, EC3R 5BU.