Electronic cigarette insurance
Insurance especially for the e-cigarette industry
In the past, businesses in the e-cigarette industry may have experienced difficulty obtaining comprehensive insurance and cover such as product liability. Lack of historical statistics, concerns around long-term side effects and recent claims from devices causing fires/explosions had resulted in many insurers being reluctant to offer comprehensive cover at a competitive price.
Our specialist team overcomes these challenges using their in-depth knowledge and expertise in sourcing tailored and competitive insurance solutions. Our clients include:
- Manufacturers of e-liquid
- E-cigarette retailers
How our e-cigarette insurance experts can help
Our experienced team has the industry knowledge required to tailor an insurance package to suit your individual needs. Whether you specialise in device retailing, wholesaling, e-liquid retailing or manufacturing, we will work to find you the right policy.
Types of e-cigarette insurance cover
- Public liability – covers you for the cost of a claim arising from a suffered injury or property damage caused by you or your employees.
- Product liability – protects your business against damage caused to third party property and bodily injury (conditions apply).
- Employers liability – compulsory by law for most businesses. Employers liability provides cover if a worker suffers an injury or an illness they believe is your fault.
- Premises insurance – protects your business premises from escape of water, accidental damage, fire and more (see policy wording for full details).
- Stock cover – covers the costs of replacing your stock if any of it is lost, stolen or damaged.
- Cyber liability – protects your business from cyber-criminal activity such as hacking and cyber extortion, along with the legal and reputational fall-out caused from a data breach.
- Directors and officers – also known as management liability portfolio insurance (MLP), provides any director, partner or employee acting in a managerial capacity on behalf of the company; for defence costs incurred during a claim and awards made against you personally.
- Goods in transit insurance and commercial vehicle – covers products from theft, loss or damage while they are being transported.
Vape shop insurance
Owning a shop can be challenging, but an e-cigarette or vape shop can be even more demanding. Not only do you have extra laws to contend with, you also have to ensure you have the right cover in place to protect your business should the worst happen.
That’s where we can help. Speak to our highly trained and knowledgeable advisors who will gather all the information required and find the most suitable insurance cover for your business.
Manufacturing e-liquid insurance
The e-liquid manufacturing industry is increasing day-by-day and is continually adapting to meet increasing demand and legislative changes.* We understand the specific challenges and difficulties faced by e-liquid manufacturers and wholesalers.
Our knowledgeable and experienced advisers can provide a full insurance review, which will enable us to tailor a solution for your specific requirements.
In the event of a claim, you will want your loss to be dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Our experienced claims team will ensure that claims are reported to insurers promptly and dealt with fairly, with a view to securing a swift and satisfactory settlement on your behalf. We will also provide regular updates as to the progress of your claims.
Frequently asked questions
What our client say
I have been supported by Amjad, from Marsh Commercial, since 2019 and he is my first port of call for all of our business insurance needs. I have found him to be professional in his approach, honest and very trustworthy. He has consistently delivered an excellent level of customer service and I have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.
Herbal Tides LTD
Peaky Vapours have used Marsh Commercial Insurance since June 2019. Dealing with Amjad is always a pleasure; he always has time to make sure that everything is just as we need. The prices are probably the best I’ve come across.
A very professional business, highly recommended.
Peaky Vapours Limited
Read our latest articles
When you factor in the conditions that the winter months bring, it’s more important than ever to be prepared.
We take a look at why so many care homes are closing across the UK and how can you protect your care home from closure.