Health Insurance for Small Businesses
What employee health insurance is available to your business?
Ask us about Elect, the new private medical insurance designed especially for smaller businesses, covering up to 19 people. Elect comes with one of three additional benefits to compliment the needs of your business and employees:
- Dental Plan
Reimbursement of dental treatments (up to annual limits) including dental examinations, x-rays, scale and polish.
- Enhanced Health Assessment
Helps to identify key health risks including early detection of cancers. Includes a consultation with a BUPA doctor and ongoing lifestyle coaching. Subject to age restrictions.
- Employee Assistance Programme
Confidential 24/7 telephone access to counsellors for work and personal issues or concerns.
How our employee benefits consultants can help
Every business is different and so are the needs of your workforce. A specialist employee benefits consultant is waiting to meet with you, learn about your business and provide advice on the healthcare insurance products and services that best fit your objectives.
GET IN TOUCH WITH AN EMPLOYEE HEALTHCARE EXPERT
Ask us about Elect. Call the Employee Healthcare Insurance team now.
How Elect rewards your employees and benefits your business
- Market-leading private healthcare insurance
- Easy transfer of group schemes with no medical declaration required
- Medical history disregarded (MHD) for new schemes or those transferring from an existing MHD scheme
- Cover and care at every stage of cancer
- Most comprehensive mental health cover in the market
- Coaching programmes for heart conditions
- Fast access for key concerns without GP referral
- Virtual GP access with Bupa's Babylon app
- Set personal wellbeing goals with the Bupa Boost app
- Flu vaccination voucher for the main member each year
- Over 600 participating facilities nationwide
Frequently asked questions
Elect private medical insurance is especially designed for smaller businesses and can cover up to 9 people under one policy. If you have less than 10 employees, you could cover everyone who works for you. Elect can also be an option for businesses interested in offering employee healthcare exclusively to a small number of key people within a business that employees more than 10 people.
There are 3 ways of purchasing private medical insurance: direct from an insurer, through an intermediary or through an agent (e.g. bank, retail outlet). The benefit of using an advisor like Jelf is that we give you the best recommendations after assessing your needs in a consultative way. We are responsible for the advice we give and we can give advice on a carefully selected range of insurers, not just one product or insurer.
Elect is more than accessible Private medical insurance for businesses with up to 100 staff. It also comes with one of three additional benefits for you to choose from, to compliment the needs of your business and employees:
- Dental Plan
- Enhanced Health Assessment (subject to age restrictions)
- Employee Assistance Programme
There are lots of options available so please speak with us to discuss this further. It will depend on your budget, what you are looking to achieve and your staff culture.
- Pay for a lower cost option: reduced benefits PMI, cash plan, employee assistance programme, dental insurance, group life as examples
- Change focus to prevention over protection for all staff and roll out some educational support through healthy eating or exercise support, financial education workshops, flu jabs
- Look at options where the employees pay for the cover but you arrange access it to it – known as voluntary options.
Our specialist international healthcare team has in depth knowledge of different healthcare systems and regulatory requirements across the world. They can help you to understand, source and manage the best solution for your individual needs. Let us know and we can put you in touch with our experts.
An employee assistance programme (EAP) is designed to help employees deal with personal and/or work related problems that might impact their work performance, health and wellbeing (emotional or financial). It provides a qualified counselling service to help contain problems and prevent them spiralling out of control. It can include telephone support and in some circumstances face to face support can also be provided. Please note some policies have an EAP embedded as part of the core cover.
Read the latest employee wellbeing stories from our knowledge centre
The government is set to launch a recruitment campaign in an attempt to tackle the carer shortage.
Ensuring the wellbeing of your employees is important for caring employers. But the wellbeing of your employees also has an impact on your business.