Nursing Home Insurance
How can we help your nursing home?
Insurance is just one way our team can support you and your business.
It’s our job to manage your risks to protect your business, your staff and the people you care for.
We understand the pressure you’re under every day and do everything we can to ensure your insurance options are presented simply, expertly, and impartially.
Recognising every care provider is unique; our care team offers a wealth of experience, takes a long-term view, and tailors your solution to your specific needs.
We do our due diligence upfront, and extensive work behind the scenes with our panel of insurers, to ensure the cover you have in place is just right for you.
Our health and care advisers
Our care team has decades of experience in the care sector. We recognise every business is unique, and offer our advice and guidance to help you protect your complex world.
We offer a range of services to help you reduce risk, and adapt to your ever-changing world so you are able to focus on your business.
Our nursing home clients
We work with a wide range of care home businesses, helping them to protect their reputation, tackle everyday challenges, and remain compliant.
- Nursing or residential care homes for the elderly.
- Homes dealing with mental health and mental disorder categories.
- Homes for service users with learning and physical difficulties.
- Supported living and sheltered accommodation.
- Day care services.
- Children’s homes or agencies.
- Clinics and rehabilitation centres.
What we cover
In a standard nursing home insurance policy, you’ll be covered for:
- Public and products liability.
- Professional liability including medical malpractice.
- Management liability (executive liability).
- Employers liability.
All mention of enhancements to cover, or of discounts, is in comparison to Markel’s standard open market offering.
What people like you, say about us
Mark and the team at Marsh Commercial are very knowledgeable and readily available to support should we require it.
Mark and his team ensure they understand the complexities of services we deliver together with our changing needs.
We are always here for our clients, and work hard to ensure that our nursing home insurance products and services keep up with the pace of change. Our solutions fully meet the requirements of the following bodies:
- Care Quality Commission in England (CQC).
- Regulation Quality Improvement Authority in Ireland (RQIA).
- Care and Social Services Inspectorate in Wales (CSSIW).
- Care Inspectorate (CI) and Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS).
Efficient claims service
We can advise and negotiate claims for you.
So, in the event of a claim, your adviser can manage the process through to settlement – allowing you to get on with running your business.
Frequently asked questions
Read our latest health and care industry articles
We take a look at why so many care homes are closing across the UK and how can you protect your care home from closure.
Good caregivers are patient, compassionate and respectful. With the right employer, they can thrive – meaning their clients will receive the quality service they need.