Direct Care Insurance
Insurance for those employing carers in their home
The direct care product has been designed for individuals who employ personal assistants or carers under the UK Government Initiative Scheme, receive direct payments, personalisation or individual budgets or privately fund the employment of carers or personal assistants.
If you employ home help, we offer three levels of cover ‒ all available to buy online today. Prices include Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current standard rate.
- Employers liability insurance,
- Public liability insurance,
Silver £78.50 (annually)
Everything from the Bronze package, plus:
- Legal expenses,
Gold £88.50 (annually)
Everything from the Silver package, plus:
- Personal accident.
Buy or renew your insurance online
For advice on what level of cover you need, call our care team on 0113 350 8712.
To buy online, select the level of cover below:
Which cover is right for you?
Employers liability insurance
- Up to £20 million per claim, if you are found to be legally responsible for an injury your carer or personal assistant incurs, whilst working for you
Public liability insurance
- Up to £5 million per claim if you, or your carer or personal assistant, are held legally liable for the injury or death of another person or damage to their property
If this cover suits your requirements, select the Bronze Package for £62.50 annually.
- If you enter into a dispute with your carer or personal assistant, you may need professional advice and possibly legal representation, particularly if the dispute went as far as industrial tribunal. Our Silver and Gold Packages include up to £100,000 of legal expenses which cover policyholders against the potential costs of legal action brought by or against them.
If you would like to upgrade your cover to include legal expenses, select the Silver Package for £78.50 annually.
If you are less than 90 years old, you can select cover for personal accident as part of our Gold Package. If you, or your carer or personal assistant suffers an accident whilst in the course of employment, the cover provides the following benefits:
- £10,000 in the event of death.
- Up to £10,000 in the event of permanent loss of sight or limbs.
- £500 fracture benefit.
For the Gold Standard protection, including all of the cover above plus personal accident, select the Gold Package for £88.50 annually.
Renew your cover online
If you're already a client and ready to review your policy, follow the link below to login.
Frequently asked questions
Read our latest health and care industry articles
The care sector struggled to recruit and retain staff well before the pandemic. These workforce shortages have intensified pressures on recruitment, with a third of respondents describing their need for more staff as ‘urgent and immediate’.
Many care workers in the UK have made significant personal sacrifices throughout the pandemic. Putting themselves at risk, going months without loved ones to protect them, and working harder due to short staffing.