PSUK Insurance Partners

How we can help your practice

It’s our job to help you manage your risks to protect your practice, your staff and your patients. 

We are delighted to deliver surgery and locum insurance designed especially to meet the needs of PSUK members. It provides PSUK members with enhanced benefits at no extra charge.

  • Exclusive policy enhancements
    Discover several enhancements to your current cover, including discounts and complementary covers. Further detail below
  • Caring for your complex world
    Your advisor is here to help you tackle every day challenges with a range of services including insurance, employee benefits and risk management
  • Support when you need it
    In the event of a claim, we are here to ensure a smooth claims experience.

Partners with PSUK

As PSUK celebrates 15 years, we too celebrate 15 years of partnership as your designated insurance broker.

Having operated for more than 25 years in the health and care sector, Marsh Commercial’s specialist team offers a wealth of experience and expertise to find the best solution for your practice.

Bringing you an enhanced policy

PSUK members receive the following enhanced benefits at no extra charge:

  • Property damage excess ‒ £100 (excluding subsidence).
  • Deterioration of refrigerated trade contents is increased from £10,000 to £15,000 (subject to 50% seasonal increase).
  • Dispensing errors included free at £100,000 (usually costs £100 + tax).

Locum insurance for members

  • Capital benefits ‒ free of charge (usually costs £97.68 + IPT per person).
  • An extra discount given for being a PSUK member.
  • The option to add a practice manager with a weekly benefit of £500 for free.

Protect your data

Cyber liability policies protect your business against ransomware and data breach.

Anything else on your mind?

Insurance is just one way we can support your practice. Contact us to discuss a range of solutions from employee benefits to risk management.

Frequently asked questions.

Does my surgery need employers liability insurance?
Yes. Under the Employers Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act, all organisations that have staff are required by law to have employers liability insurance.
When do I need to get employers liability cover for my practice?
You require employers liability cover from the day your care business starts employing staff. From the moment you have any person to whom you are responsible, whether paid or not, you are at risk of legal action. To qualify as "staff" a person does not have to be paid or under contract to you. It includes any person to whom you have a legal duty of care. This means that sometimes even sole traders will need employers liability insurance.

What is the minimum cover I need to have in place for my practice?
The level of cover required is dependent on many factors and we would need to assess the requirements of the business and make recommendations based on the information provided. There are also other factors that can dictate the level of cover needed, such as the types of people you are caring for or local authority requirements to meet the terms of the contract.
How much public liability insurance will I need?
The level of cover you need is related to the amount of risk faced by your business. Cover can be anywhere from £2 million to £10 million or beyond. The minimum value could be dictated by the clients you work with, or local authority contracts you have tendered for.

Read our latest health and care industry articles