Launch of the local business charity awards (North Yorkshire)
The awards recognise the support given to North Yorkshire charities by businesses and individuals in the county.
Founded in Gloucestershire in 2014, and now with a presence in Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and North Yorkshire, Jelf has supported these awards since the beginning, watching their popularity and prestige grow every year.
There are three award categories to enter:
The Jelf AwardEntries will be accepted from North Yorkshire charities (with an annual income of more than £200,000 a year) nominating a North Yorkshire business that supports them. If the company nominated wins, the charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
The Harrogate AwardEntries will be accepted from North Yorkshire charities (with an annual income of less than £200,000 a year) nominating a North Yorkshire business that supports them. If the company nominated wins, the charity will receive a prize of £1,000.
The Individual Award
Entries will be accepted from any North Yorkshire charity, nominating a person for their personal dedication and contribution to that charity. The prize is a £300 weekend away.
Judges will be looking for:
- how much of an effect the company’s involvement has had on the charity
- the extent to which the company has taken the charity to their hearts
- the quality of the relationship between the two
- how creative the company has been in supporting the charity
- the long lasting benefits of the relationship
The judges for the 2018 Local Business Charity Awards (North Yorkshire) will be:
- Mr David Kerfoot MBD DL, Deputy Lord Lieutenant of North Yorkshire
- Andrew Jones MP, Member of Parliament for Harrogate and Knaresborough
- Tim Mortimer, Regional Director, Jelf
- Dr Ruth Smith, Main Board Member of York, North Yorkshire & East Riding Local Enterprise Partnership
- Carolyn Frank, North Yorkshire Development Manager for the Federation of Small Businesses
Commenting on the 2018 launch of the awards Tim Mortimer, Regional Director for Jelf, said:
“We are delighted to support the launch of the Local Business Charity Awards in North Yorkshire. We have been impressed by the effect these awards have had on local charities in Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire, shining a light on the great work done by companies large and small. It is therefore with great pride that we are supporting their launch in North Yorkshire today. While Jelf has grown to become a leading community insurance broker and employee benefits consultancy to small and mid-sized companies across the UK, we have never forgotten what it means to be a local business, just like the ones who will be entering the awards over the next few weeks. We wish all the entrants the very best of luck!”
The awards are now open for entries; entry to the awards is free and the closing date is Friday 23 November 2018. Finalists will be announced on Wednesday 9 January 2018, and they will be invited to attend awards finals on Wednesday 30th January 2019 hosted by Stray FM’s Peter Egerton.
For further information, to see full terms and conditions and to enter the awards please visit: localbusinesscharityawards.co.uk/nyorks
For the latest news on The Local Business Charity Awards, follow them on social media: